Skip to content

GSA not pausing projects

edited January 2013 in Need Help
Hi @Sven,

I am a long time user and have just come across a problem that I have never had before.

I am using the scheduler and on a couple of projects I have set 'pause the projects after 10 submissions a day' but have 21 in my subs column and 20 in my verified column after running for just a few hours.

I am not sure what other settings may be affecting this but could do with a little help as I just want to drip feed links slowly to this site.

Do you know what could be wrong?  I have never had this problem with pausing projects before although I haven't used that option much recently on its own (i.e. no obl or PR filter).  I am using v4.87.

Thanks very much for your help.

Comments

• Tried it again today without the scheduler and it is not pausing at all.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    paste some logs please.
  • It seems like it has rectified itself after making sure I deactivated the project, changed the setting and then reactivated.

Previously I was just changing the settings whilst the project was active.

Is this the way it is supposed to work or is it a minor bug?
    Hmm sorry I don't get what you mean here.
  • It was my understanding that you can change options in the project settings whilst the project is active and these settings will be reflected almost immediately.

To get the pausing of the project to work, I had to first set the project to 'inactive', change the settings and then reactivate the project.  It seems that it has now worked properly.

Previously, I had tried to change the pause setting whilst the project was still active but the setting didn't seem to work.
    Oh that you mean. Well it works but you have to wait a bit till it sees a change on the project and reloads the settings. Usually this happens every 60 seconds but can change in case the program is busy on some other part.