Skip to content

Not happy with VPS recommenended here on GSA

Hi all,

I have a VPS and all has been going well, however, am I right in thinking that VPS owners can look at your VPS?

I left GSA as I needed it running for some work on a site of mine, however, I just log on and take a look at VPS and GSA and someone has stopped it!

I'm really not happy!

Some may say "ohhh forget about it"

I can't because, I know I'm renting a VPS but I would like to have some privacy when running it and not some curious employee or whatever snooping through my VPS when I'm not logged on..

what can i do to stop this?

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    You failed to mention your VPS provider.

Are you sure you don't have option, "stop projects on no active proxies" that might have caused it?
  • It's Greencloud...

From now just posting, I can see a member and several other members are having issues!
  • @santos -- I've checked that bro... and no, that is not the case...

seems we have some curious cats and greencloud..
    Keep in mind that just because a seller is selling here, it doesn't make them a GSA recommended provider. I've used many VPS providers and have never had them login without my persmission so I think what's happening might be a security issue.
  • MorphManMorphMan British Expat lost in S.E Asia
    Just a thought.. There might have been an issue with the server and it had to be restarted? ..
  • ronron SERLists.com
    ^^What @MorphMan said above. However, you can check the server logs to see if it restarted. That happened to me several times because Microsoft updates pushed through to the servers.
    @MorphMan - If the server restarted SER would have been closed down, not just project stopped. :)
  • MorphManMorphMan British Expat lost in S.E Asia
    true, ...
  • Dude if you arreally looking for a Dust Cheap ,reliable and a very powerful VPS,then Check out OVH.COM.They have top notch support and Best VPS and dedicated servers.The other sellers here and any other place are not offering anything even close to that.Check it out.
  • irfanlone

Many thanks for that info on ovh.com!  I'm looking to move from Hostgator and at those prices I can get a 4 core, 8G RAM vps for $21.99 mo.  Very good prices! 
  • KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    Always uncheck "windows update" in msconfig ... :)