Skip to content

What would cause GSA to slow down so much

Last week I was easily building 80K-100K links per day, with some projects.
This week, after some updates, I have created new projects, but barely created 17K over the night
(44K total for the day).

What would cause such a drop, I havent changed my identified list, (millions of URLS), same amount of proxies,
theres MORE projects, so it should build even more not less.

Anyone else notice a recent slow down

Comments

• Same proxies hitting the same URLs results in a lot of bans for the IPs. Since most the proxies are on a handful of subnets / c-class IPs only, this might be an issue. Check your logs for 'connection refused' error and try to access some of the sites manually.
  • I got a bunch of new proxies yesterday and the day before. I thouhgt that was the problem too
  • The only thing I can think of is my 9 million identified list is now bad (but was good last week),
    and I need to put my verified list as my new identified, starting over.
  • New proxies from the same provider often won't help since they are on the same block. I experienced whole blocks getting banned.

If you really want to find out what's up, take randomly 5k of your list, do a project with the common providers like buyproxies and get some 10 proxies of an unknown source / not so public provider and compare the results :)
  • If I go about trying to start posting to verified URLs instead of identified, how would I go about replacing identified with verified while these projects have already started..

Like, to stop all projects from trying to post to any url in identified and only post to verified (which I will move to identified). Do I have to use "clear URL Cache" or something on each project, then import the new identified list or what.

I dont want it to keep trying to post to these old identified. maybe @sven can answer this particular question.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Yes you need to stop all projects then clear target url cache and exchange the site lists followed by a restart
  • Even I am facing same issue. I am only getting sock error messages. These sites were working good till last week and suddenly they are not working. I guess this is not the problem of proxies or site list.

@Sven: you need to check these issues.
  • I am also getting many messages as "download failed (Aborted)
  • Have the same after resent updates (2-3 day ago) - http://prntscr.com/4er420 on 2 different  VPS (solidseo and fr3-dedi), proxie provider buyproxie.org, today ask to give me new proxie and the same shit with fresh 30 private working proxies, and this cannot happen at the same time on 2 different VPS, so I think it's something with GSA, Sven plz fixed this, even with fresh sitelsit I take 150 tread and GSA do only 30-50
    nothing changed the way proxies are used or anything alike. Just check the changelog. It has to be the proxies itself.
  • @Sven I am getting same errors even if I don't use proxies.
    what do you mean with "the same errors"?
  • Same errors mean same "download failed messages"
    but that "message" is different for each request and user. Some more details would help.
  • I would send you logs after few hours. The campaigns are running and I would collect more and more logs for you. GSA is not working good.
  • edited August 2014
    @Sven Please check my mail. I have send you the log file.