Skip to content

Target urls from file?

Hi.
Is it possible not to load all list in project settings but put some macro to take random lines from file on the go?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    thats what site lists do
  • Sorry Sven, I've made mistake. I mean I need SER to take random url for project (Data page)
    Thats already happening!? On each submission a random URL is used by default.
  • Yes, but not from file. You should import urls from file first. And it takes a lot of time. It would be even better to be able to point to dir with small files with urls. And on every post to take random url from random file
    Well why don't you use the %file macro there? It loads the file and URLs and reloads them after like 5 minutes and eventually takes new content.
  • Thanks a lot. That's why I write to Help section. Didn't know it is possible.
  • Sven, can you please give me an example what macro should look to read random url from random file in a folder? I've tried #file_links[C:\temp\urls,1,S] but seems doesn't work
    %spinfile-c:\folder\%
  • Thank you Sven.
    But after I changed url to this my SER doesn't post anything and in log there are only 
    Reloading URL settings... lines

ahh you use it in the url field. OK then I might have to add support for directories in there too.

For now you have to use a file as parameter. Try that please.

• Yes, if I point it to a file it is working fine. But please, add the directory support in there.
    Thank you.
  • @Sven something change with update and now when you put this tag in the url it shows error about incorrect url.
    :(
    maybe the directory has other files in with wrong urls!?
  • Well, it whows error even if I point it to the file. It says url whould start from http on saving project
    make a scrrnshot please
    search for s-and.html and check that line...must be broken in it
  • Thanks Sven, it was the problem in the file. Didn'd think about it.