Skip to content

gsa's footprint- useless links.

I was thinking, what are the ways that each gsa poster leaves telltale signs that they are using gsa software to post? 

Of course, theres the general anchor text. The types of platforms accepted. etc. Anything else?

Regards,
elliotps932

Comments

• Which is why there is the SER Footprint Editor and Footprint Studio available in your settings.

A small footer text of "Powered by Advanced Guestbook x.xx" on 14 of 250 of your links isn't going to make a footprint.

You don't want footprints? Then go build some manual links, because that's how sellers find targets and how SER itself does.

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    edited August 2014
    @elliotps932 - Using some of the inbuilt text that SER uses is the biggest footprint.
    If you take a look at the files that fill out the fields in SER you will find the footprints.
    If you want to eliminate the footprints, fill out all sections of the project options manually.

As for which sites/engines are used, these are not really footprints of SER since many software can post to them as well as manual posting.

• Ser itself is a very good application and prolly has very very few footprints itself.

The main footprint however is the user that simply expects to just push start and get rich.
    Everybody should actually learn to make their own twists and that way we would all benefit from it.

Just my 2 cents :)
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited August 2014
    I would say the forum type leaves a bad footprint. I can't remember the anchor text but it's something like 'View original posters website". I'm not completely sure if that's an actual SER footprint or something to do with the forum software (eg phpBB) but it's still too risky for me for T1. On analysing mine and others banklink profiles who use SER this is quite often the top anchor :S
    ^^ There's a few like that across various engines, even contextuals
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    @gooner if we can get a list of them then we could present it to @Sven and see if there is a way to reduce the risk somehow...?
    @spunko2010 - Sure but it will need some sorting. The problem is that with some of the default SER text it's not written in the best English so if you search it you will find it's 99% SER links using those phrases.

I'll see if i can get time to get a list but it's all spun so would take a while to go through it.

The easiest way is to edit all SER default text i guess.
  • I know this has been posted before, but how do you move your link text from the bottom of a post?
  • edited August 2014
    @elliotps932,

I insert %link% into my articles. I carefully place them so that it "reads" right. With %link% inserted, SER will not place the link text at the bottom of your post...
  • @Olve1954 does the %link% variable use the same varied anchor text for each post?
  • I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but you can insert the %link% into your article and hit the "Test" button. Or the article preview button. See, if it's what you want...