Skip to content

Catchall method reduces verifications?

edited December 2012 in Need Help
I use the spin syntax version pointing emails to my catchall address, which is a google apps account - that has several domains in it all pointing to the same catchall address - then all my SER projects fish confirmation emails out of there.

I assume from how people were / are raving about the catchall strategy to get around blacklisting but I see thousands of emails in that inbox that have never been accessed... wonder why SER isnt even trying to open the mail?, I go through MANUALLY doing them and it never says "this account has already been confimed" etc... big pain in the ass... mediawiki is an example type.

Comments

• Hm... I was wondering same about this, but after some time (for example 2-3-4 days) you should be able to see that all emails are being accessed and that it works fine...

I have about 20 domains at the moment pointing to ONE email and I get pretty good submission/verified rate (ATM for about 20k submitted I get 5k verified), that I guess wouldn't be so good if verification is not working well...

For example I've just downloaded few emails and one said:

"Your profile was reviewed and activated !"

So I guess it was successful...

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    OK let me explain this again. If your client says "new email", "unread" or "not accessed", it is normal. As the pop3 protocol that is used to read emails is not tagging emails as read. Thats done by your email client.
  • See I understand the grumpiness of your response sven, I also am just like that when I said something one time too many. However I notice my submission / verification ratio went from something like 60% verified to <=10% verified since using this tactic with a google apps catchall account. Also I do notice when manually verifying a couple of hundred links some of them which are aged a few days will say this is now verified, then if i redo it it will say has already been verified indicating no auto attempt was made.

I know you have been fixing this up and expanding it like mad, its incredible how much functionality has been added to SER since I bought it context menus for everything now it seems - could be quite confusing for a newcomer at this stage :)