Skip to content

Has anyone had luck using expired high PR Tumblr blogs?

MorphManMorphMan British Expat lost in S.E Asia
edited July 2014 in Other / Off Topic
Just curious, I was thinking about buying a set of expired Tumblr blogs PR-2 to 4

they seem to be pretty cheap to buy from $5 to $40 from BHW and similar places (quite possibly for a reason?)

Looking for anyone's experience with buying Tumblr blogs and more importantly if you have had any results using them for backlinking or if you have had any bad experiences love to hear that too.

It's always best to get some tips form others before you jump in head first and possibly waste your time and efforts

Cheers

Comments

• edited July 2014
    I made one for fun a while back.

It's not really good for link juice, because all of the pagerank they have is from this:

1. Somebody buys a real TLD domain from tumblr/registrar
    2. These blogs reblog tons of blogs, comment/etc
    3. Get links from these TLD tumblrs with high PR/good metrics
    4. Gain useless pagerank because it's mainly from "username reblogged this"

You're paying for nothing.
  • MorphManMorphMan British Expat lost in S.E Asia
    As I suspected .. A load of junk .. But nice to have clarification .. Cheers mate
  • That Tumblr trick used to work 2 years ago, it was pretty much instant rankings until they turned the reblogged this into nofollow. We had macros that used to run on all of the high PR Tumblr sites and basically could rank for anything using them, coupled with some spiky Senuke templates. 

It was a sad time that the method got ruined.

Back on topic - I have tonnes of old Tumblr accounts as a result, and they've been left untouched for 2 years (May 2012 it stopped working) so will give it a whirl and see if I can do anything with them and update the thread with any results. 
    edited July 2014
    Great @JudderMan I knew it was to good to be true ... but looking forward to hearing on your results if you give them a go again. I was thinking of using them as tier 1s
  • I sent you a PM @morphman with some information.
  • I used to but now I think the ship has sailed - well for me anyway be good to see what @judderman finds when testing his old 1s
    I just picked up 3 x PR 2 from BHW for $6, going to have a play around using them as tier 1's. Can't really lose at that price