Skip to content

GSA SER Not Responding Problem

Problem occurred since updating to 8.72 and adding a further 100 new projects yesterday

Running on 8core VPS - 8GB ram - resource meter shows using 20% of resources or less

469 projects - all currently inactive

Error situation:

Click on a project -- it opens - make adjustments - close project

GSA Freezes with 'not responding' error for 1 - 2 minutes

Since adding more projects the software has become increasingly unstable generally

Suggestions please?

Is there a limit to the number of projects this software can store?

We assumed limitations would only apply when running multiple active projects simultaneously, previously we've had around 90 projects running simultaneously with no issues (at that time there were around 300 projects loaded into GSA)

Thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    ok the amount of projects are the problem i guess as they all have to be opened and parsed for data displyed in the list.
  • SEOTeamSEOTeam Madagascar
    Hi! I did an update and the software has stopped working just right after the update.And I got this message:"the access containing this program <<TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen3>> is blocked "
    How can it be fixed? Thanks

Get a better virus scanner. It's a false positive. What scanner do you use?
  • SEOTeamSEOTeam Madagascar
    I use Avira . Could you tell me please how to restore the former version?

What you mean with restore? Your version is not infected at all. All that changed is that Avira again made mistakes on there signatures which detects harmless programs as viruses and via verse.

I wouldn't count too much on anti virus programs anyway. If someone wants to infect you its easy to do. All the virus scanner just protect you from known viruses and the rest is some speculation on signatures they make. Sometimes good, more often bad.