Skip to content

Footprint Studio

KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
edited June 2014 in GSA Search Engine Ranker
Thank you Sven for this i think is good idea to add that in Ser, I'm sure it'll serve and develop there after. 

Have a good weekend.

Comments

• KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    edited June 2014
    This is possible to have option for import/export and dedup ? (reinstall)

Footprint are directly operational after import or Ser must be restart ?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

1. Will add the footprint backup/restore for settings backup/restore.

2. You might have to restart the project using the engines where you added footprints to.

edited June 2014
    Thank you Sven 

I used a lot during the weekend and it is really effective. I'm trying to find commands that operate on the search engines like that: (in french for Google, Bing, Yahoo): http://www.webrankinfo.com/commandes/

• any instructions on the best way to use it?

thanks
  • bump for instructions
    edited July 2014
    Difficult to explain, I think someone who speaks better English would be a good thing. If in fact it is enough to import a list of sites identified (rather I use verified) to find matches and scraper effectively. 

It is not complicated but it is better to avoid anything.

• edited July 2014
    Hats off to @Sven for this amazing addon. Working much much better then anything around. Footprint studio is the game changer. It still needs to be improved but even now it has great futures. Fire it up and play around for a couple of minutes you wont need any instructions.

Let me quickly explain how to use it:

1. You choose a present platfrom on the top box

2. You load some URLs of sites using this engine to the list below the engine box. 

3. You click Analyze and what SER does now is extracting every visual text that is on that site. It cut's it up in pices where it is either seperated by a html syle change (like a span/div/table whatsoever) and new lines and double spaces.

4. You see the new footprints in the list sorted by apperience and can double click on them to add them to a possible search query. Of course it makes only sense to use footprints who appear on many sites, else it's just junk and not belonging to the actual engine but is the content on that single site. It also makes no sense to add stop words (a filter might come for that as well).

5. Once you have clicked a possible new footprint-search-query together, you click TEST and see it in the browser. If you see a good result (many links and major results are the engine) then you can add it to the "database".

6. Newly started projects will use that footprints from now on.

• very good, thanks for the step by step explanation sven
  • @Sven : any plans to include HTML tags for Footprint studio and use them not only posting but also to identify. The reason i am requesting is there are some very very obvious footprints buried in html tags. like <meta generator="joomla"> etc. I am using Page Scanner addon of Scrapebox for this future but moving millions of urls to identify back & forth taking too much time and also i think everyone can benefit from this.
    well as far as I understand it, that meta generator tag is not used by google to index things, just visible text.
  • looplineloopline autoapprovemarketplace.com
    edited July 2014
    @Sven This is pretty excellent, it speeds up the manual process of footprint building a lot.  I like that on the left hand side when you click a footprint, it highlights the urls that use that footprint. 

It would also be cool if we could right click on those urls and then open them to have a look.   Im very adept at building footprints by eyeballing pages and html source.  So if I could find the oddball pages that didn't fit the norm and eyeball them, I could possibly pick out other elements to broaden a footprint.  Even if we could right click and copy a url so we could paste it in a browser. 

Also an option to not have to select a preconfigured platform, like "any" or "generic" could be really amazing.  This could be very useful to use the tool for research and build footprints for use outside of GSA.  I mean I realize the point is to facilitate footprint building for use with GSA, but the tool is already built and allow us to analyze a list of random urls for "possible new footprints", would be really handy. 

Like say I have a customer and I want to find if his competitors backlinks have common traits, I could load them all in, analyze them and see where the footprints lie.  More of a general footprint builder, then allow us to build some, drop them down into present footprints and then save to a file.  I could use this for all kinds of things.  Its like a "occurrence density" that we can analyze, I mean it could even be useful for keyword research at that point. 

You could even add a toggle to not only show the percent of how many pages contain those words, but then also to show a count of how many times each one of those elements appeared. 

Just thinking out loud.

Either way, its a great addition.  Thanks!
    edited July 2014
    I feel that this tool'll quickly become essential.

Performance side, there may be means to accelerate the process be compressing the html directly at download like that: Html Compression not for increase download but speed up all process (latency).

<!DOCTYPE html><html lang="en"><head><meta charset="utf-8"><title>HTML Compressor - Speed up your web pages.</title><meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0"> .....