Skip to content

new: ability to export verified urls automatically

I just saw this in the new version update and it sounds promising, but... I'm not sure what it means or how to use it.  Since it's brand new, I didn't see it documented in the online manual and I'm not sure where else to look.  @Sven - can you elaborate a bit on this? (and also let me know where I should look to find information about new things like this in the future).

Thanks!

Comments

• Its in the campaign level, options tab, in the verified section.  Looks like you have the ability to send the verified links to a file.  Awesome stuff.
  • thank you momba12!  I agree 100%... awesome stuff!  =D>
  • I think I'm the only one who can't find this new feature in SER !!!

Where did you guys find it ?? I can't find anything under options tab.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    So @mexiken - how do you plan on using this feature? I know you are excited about it, so I had to ask.
  • ron - I'm going to have the verified URLs export to the text file where BLM (Backlink Monitor) can automatically pick them up before running a scheduled weekly link check.  It should be a hands-off way to keep current (well, relatively current - within the week), on what links are live and worthy of building tiers to.

Now if only I could find a good explanation of how to build out tiers...  ;)
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @mexiken - Hint taken, ROFL. And thanks for the info on why you are using it.
  • @mexiken

My bad! ..thanks.

@ron

Another useful thing is to make a clean 100% separate verified list for CB only targets and another list for targets that need additional OCR.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @mamadou - One of the things I noticed lately is that not all links are making their way to the various indexers. So for me this is a convenient way to get a file of verified going for even more indexing.

That is an interesting angle you have there. So how exactly do you plan on sorting those out into separate files? I assume you have created special projects with only certain engines to try to isolate the OCR. Or is it something way simpler than that?   
  • It would be much better to see some automatically removing nofollow links from verified folder eg.
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited June 2014

It could also be used for building tiered links or other complex link structures between servers (via dropbox), or integrating SER with just about any other tool that has the ability to pull urls from a file. :D

@Mexiken, nice idea about using it to integrate SER and BLM - I hadn't considered using it in that fashion, but most definitely will do.
  • @ron

Yeah , that is another good idea as well.

I meant that you can setup different projects one with CB + OCR and the other with CB only to get a 100% separate verified list for each one of them. Now you can setup both projects on the same server instead of using 2 different servers for each list.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @mamadou - Gotcha. I like the way you are thinking.
  • @mexiken "It should be a hands-off way to keep current (well, relatively current - within the week), on what links are live and worthy of building tiers to."

Why not just use the option to re-verify backlinks within SER? I'm curious to know your reason.
  • fakenickahl - I build my tiers independently in SER.  In BLM I dump everything into one project where the links get sorted into tiers so I can see which links are alive, linking to where.  What you're suggesting would work for Tier 1, but anything below that, there's a problem.  You might re-verify that a certain T2 link is live via SER, but if the link 'above' it is not... what's the point of trying to get that T2 indexed or building any more links to it. 
  • I see that there is lot of other ways we can use this option :) 

I just want to index links in my own way.

Thanks For this option
  • Thank you for explaining Mexiken, I hadn't thought of it like this.
  • OK, well I was excited about this feature, but apparently I'm missing something critical about how it works...

I thought that once I ticked that box and established a text file for the verified links to be written to, that file would simply continue to grow over time as I got more and more verified URls (I think I saw another thread where @Sven said it wrote to that file every 5 minutes or something like that???)

The thing is, after running for a few days I just checked and see that "export verified urls" file (that I was going to pull from for Backlink Monitor) has less than 400 urls in it, while if I go to my campaign and select "Show URLs > Verified" for the same time period, there are almost 24,000 urls. 

I have the feeling that this option CAN do what I thought it would do, but that I'm just overlooking something simple... can anyone (@sven?) clarify this for me? 
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @mexiken - I 100% agree that it does not work properly. Not only did write just a small fraction of the links, but it seemed to ignore most projects. I tried to analyze but could not figure it out.

Maybe @sven can take a look at it or run it some test projects. The numbers are not adding up for sure.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    That function is always overwriting the file with all the latest links from a project. It is not appending data.
  • OK, that explains the problem!   But, sorry to have to ask... what is the point of that? 

It seems that gathering a growing list of verified URLs would make more sense (at least for the way I imagined using it, so that another program could be scheduled to import them).  I trust you created it this way for a reason, but at the moment I don't understand how I would utilize it. 

Is there any chance of being able to make it work the way I thought it would?

Thanks for your time @Sven :)
    Well the reason is that the file should just hold verified URLs and no dead links. That would be the case if it is appending data.
  • Sorry for being thick... I'm still missing something. 

In the example I gave above, the list had less than 400 URLs in it, while the campaign had about 24,000.  I even re-verified those, and the total was around 22,000 - a considerable difference from the <400 in the list.  

Since I seem to be missing the point of this new function the way it's currently set up, let me ask you this: Would there be any way of being able to schedule the export of all verified to a file, similar to when we use Show URLs > Verified then select all and export?  (maybe I need to put this in a feature request???)
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited June 2014

+1 @mexiken

I think we misunderstood what @sven was doing here. And maybe it would help him if we explained how people thought they could use it:

• Export links to Backlinks Monitor
    • Export links to a file for a special indexer (for special projects, so the API would not be a help here)
    • Export links for projects that only use OCR solving - which can then be used on other servers

In all cases @Sven, the entire output would be needed. Is there a way to do this, or this a resource hog, etc.?

Right now it will save the whole verified URL list of a projects.
  • ahhh.... I think I found the disconnect I was having (maybe you too, @ron?)

I had thought that I could have multiple projects within the same campaign all write to the same file.  Instead, it seems each project gets its own file, in which case I see what you're saying with, "it will save the whole verified URL list of a project"

Thanks for the clarification @sven.  I'll have to get my head around this to see if I can get it to do what I imagined at first.
  • ronron SERLists.com

@mexiken - Thanks for explaining that. At first I kind of went 'huh?', but now it makes sense. Too bad we can't comingle. I have to rethink it too.

One thing that comes to mind is that in Scrapebox you can Control Highlight multiple files and import at once - then they are all in one nice big pile with 2 clicks.

• @Sven you said - Right now it will save the whole verified URL list of a projects.

Can you please tell - when it will save this urls ?

Will it work like new links appends in file ?

When i first requested this feature append in file was thing i needed.

Thanks
    It will write all data to the file like every 5 minutes.