Skip to content

[Feature Request] Ability to use file content macro in project's URL field ( Save DAYs of work!)

Hello @Sven

I would like to see the ability to use %file-C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\MY_url_list.txt% in project's url field

It's already working good now ( at least when I test project's content ) but I can't save the project because wrong URL format error message pop up.

When you have 5/6 servers and a lot of domains you can easily update urls for all servers using this feature and dropbox.

This will save DAYS of hard work for me and I'm pretty sure it will be very useful for a lot of heavy GSA SER users as well.

Thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    This should already work? What error message do you get?
  • I'm already using it like this,

%spinfile-C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\MY_url_list.txt%

It's working for me...
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited June 2014
    As above, you can already do this with the spinfile macro, although you can't just right click in the url field, you need to do it manually (or use a different field, and just copy and paste it in afterwards).

However, as spin off of this, if we also had the ability to specify the file path that each project writes it's verified urls to (on a project by project basis), we could essentially automate a link building strategy between different instances of SER on different servers.

If @sven were to implement this it would make SER an incredibly powerful tool, even more so than it is already.
  • @Sven

I found the problem ..there is a bug when I use a utf8 file in the marco. I get this error

http://prntscr.com/3tnw7u

All the links in the file are correct ( starting with http and no symbols) When I use other formats it's working good.

Please fix this.
    @2Take2 next version has this as option
  • @Sven

What about this UTF8 bug ?
    I will try to fix it on next release.
  • Thanks @sven, the new feature should be really cool, and apologies to @mamadou for slightly derailing your thread :)
  • @2Take2

No problem.. I love the option you suggested!. Really useful.
  • @Sven

Thanks for fixing the utf8 issue.

About the new export verified urls automatically ...where is it ? I can't find it.