Skip to content

Few roadblocks encountered, need help!

I've only recently fired up GSA ser, and I've met with a few roadblocks. Will appreciate anyone who can help me. Just a little background, I am using tiered links building, tier 1a, tier 2, tier 2a, tier 3 and tier 3a. My tier 1 are manually built and inserted into GSA ser as the target URLs.

1. a lot of my projects turned Active (P) on those lower tiers. But what I can see is they are not reaching their supposedly daily limit or links submission limit. For example, under Tier 3 which is still submitting now, it has 67 verified links, whereas under tier 3a, it turned into Active (P) with only 6 submissions but I've specified in the project level for tier 3a to do 20 submissions per verified urls in tier 3.

2. does Active (P) project turn on automatically the next day? Also, if I stop all project to do editing and then start again, does it also start all Active (P) projects?

3. On one of my project in Tier 3, there's a message that says "No targets to post to (no search engines chosen, no url extraction chosen)", how is this supposed to happen when I've chosen to use a bought verified list? The other projects are running fine except this one, what could have triggered this message and stopping my project?

4. I am using a bought verified list, and I have 2 tiered projects (tier 2, tier 2a, tier 3, tier 3a), and also 2 standalone project, tier 1a. Will the building of a link from the bought verified list means that the other projects will not be able to build links in this particular link? Meaning, one link from the verified list to be used in only one instance for all projects combined? Or each project is a standalone including the tiered projects with each tiers being a standalone, and the building of a link in one project does not deny the other projects from building link from the same site?

5. What is the best way to get content and input into GSA so that I can have continuous submissions without the software telling me I've run out of articles. I have set the settings to never submit more than 1 article anywhere, and I went into articlebuilder to get articles and spun, 50 of them, but they still run out fast, within a few hours. In one of my tier 2, I've only 115 submissions, and a message says that I've run out of articles and to add more. But in another tier 2a, it has done 4551 submissions. So there's quite a disparity on this.

6. On the projects panel, for tier 2a, the number of submissions says 4551, but the verified says 8605. How can verified be more than submitted? Same goes for a few more projects where the verified are more than submitted.

Thanks.

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com
    edited June 2014

@qwiz :

1. Do only 'submitted per day'. SER is not good at counting verifieds as it is processing hundreds of threads simultaneously, and then verifying links sporadically throughout the day. Just look at how many verified you get out of every 10 submitted, and stick in the closest number that should get you there. You can tweak it later.

2. Yes, when the clock resets after midnight. Starting and stopping SER does not affect the Active(V) status. It is based on the clock and a 'day'.

3. Make sure you import the list into each project. If it runs out (because you are building a lot of links to that project presumably), then import the list again - whenever it runs out.

4. Each project evaluates each link on a stand alone basis. It doesn't matter if it was used elsewhere in the tiered structure. If that particular project has not used that link yet, it will try to post to it.

Also, when first starting out, you simply do not have many verifieds. So if you are running a list, you are in the process of building up that verified file for later use when it is big enough. So eventually, you will use all links in all projects anyway, and in some cases on lower tiers especially, you will use them over and over again.

5. I personally use Kontent Machine and use spins - and set no limits like you have. We actually address that in our latest tutorial on SERLists Project And Email Settings which was just given to our customers today. It is better to set no limits (leave things unchecked), and switch out the spun article as you see fit. That way you never run out. You have essentially created your own nightmare. Remove the check marks.

6. As SER verifies, it tests the submitted column to see if there is a link. If there is, it is subtracted from submitted, and added to verified. That's why that happens. 

• edited June 2014
    Hi @ron,

1. You said:
    "Make sure you import the list into each project. If it runs out (because you are building a lot of links to that project presumably), then import the list again - whenever it runs out."
    - how do I import the list into each project? What I did was import the list at the global level from my bought verified lists (from your team by the way), and then at project level, I just tick the 'Use global site lists if enabled' and tick the necessary folder. Same goes for all the other projects that I have, but it is only on one project with very little submissions that has this error of "No targets to post to...." You did cover the importing of lists into projects in another thread that I was asking question, but I still don't know how to do it, I don't see such option under 'Options' when I edit project. Need your help on this one.
    - further to the above, if I were to import the list at the project level, it means I am importing the full lists of bought verifieds which include everything like articles, wikis, blog comments etc, but if my project only wanted to use articles, wikis for example, will it just ignore the others like blog comments even though it was imported at the project level?

2. You said:
    "you are in the process of building up that verified file for later use when it is big enough"
    if it is you, how big a verified file size is good enough for you to just keep using them for all your projects? Also, if I am using different bought lists to run projects, do they all save to the same verified lists, so I am accumulating all the verifieds from all the different vendors, and building up my own big list?

Thanks.

• @ron, one more thing that I need your input.

Do you limit the use of a 3rd party captcha service solver like deathbycaptcha to the top tiers like maybe tier 1 or tier 2 only?

I am currently using it on all my projects on all my tiers, and it sucks up almost $20/day from my deathbycaptcha account, and this is with me setting up only a few projects only. Take that into 30 days, and we are talking about minimum $600/mth captcha solving bill, which is rather substantial.

How do you or your team handle the use of the captcha solving service to be most effective and not waste unneccessary money?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited June 2014
    @qwiz

1) Just right click on the project as follows:

Yes, it will only import what you have checked for that particular project. If you have multiple projects (say T1's) that have all the exact same engines ticked off, you can highlight all those projects as a group, and then import in one click to all of them simultaneously.

2) We use GSA-CB obviously. That saves us more money than anything else.

When it comes to recaptcha, we use ReverseOCR.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @qwiz

I would only use it on T1's. But honestly, I would never use DBC because of the cost. I would use what I recommended above. You could then expand to other tiers, but that is a personal decision. My rule of thumb is always take care of direct links to the moneysite first - my number one priority. Anything after that is a personal decision based on budget. 
  • Thanks @ron, for the reverseOCR, is this the one you are referring to:
    https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/8471/reverseproxies-ocr-recaptcha-supported/p1

I found this when I google the term reverseOCR.

If this is the one you are referring to, they have a few plan for different threads, which one should I be using if I am running 300 threads in gsa?

• edited June 2014
    Hi @ron, let's say I import the site urls into each project as per your outline, and I have 20k list imported. Now I have another set of list which I placed into another folder, say 'failed', and I proceed to import the 'failed' list into the project. Does this overwrite the project url lists or does it add on to it, so let's say the 'failed' list has 22k contextual, and it will add the 20k from the original and the 22k 'failed' list, making the list in this project 42k in all?

Edit: I've figured it out now, it adds on to the targeted list, tried that just now and saw the increase.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @qwiz - You have to ask in that thread which plan is best for you.

And you are correct, you can import the same list multiple times (I do that with my lists every day), and you can import other lists right behind it. I like doing that so I can stack the targets so there is plenty of food, and just let the SER beast run.  
  • Thanks @ron.
  • Hi @ron, once you've built up a good size verified list, do you do import list per project, for new projects, from the verified lists as well? At what point (how big your verified list is) do you start to import verified lists into your project to build links?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @qwiz - After a few purchased lists it should be of sufficient size. Remember to delete all duplicate URLs and duplicate domains from the verified folder using Advanced Tools, and do that several times per week so it doesn't get out of control. 95% of the verified folder is duplicates because of posting across multiple projects.  
  • Thanks @ron, you've been most gracious with your time and answers to my questions and I am ever so grateful for that.