Skip to content

Description 250 under Social Bookmark

When I selected "Social Bookmark" for a submission type, SER popped up a text block for something called "Description 250". What is this? Is it supposed to be a url from my site that I want to get bookmarked in various places in the Internet?
Thanks,

Comments

• No, your url(s) should be in the URL field at the top. The description 250 should be a spun description of your site of 250 characters for the best success rate after it has been unspun.
  • Thank you for your reply. I'd like to ask a rather stupid question. I don't really understand what is meant by "spun". Does this mean that SER mixes up the paragraphs in the description I give? What is the difference between a "spun" description and just a plain description?
    Thanks,
  • You need to spin your text to keep it unique. Search for Matthew Woodward's advanced spinning tutorial on youtube to learn about it.
  • edited June 2014
    velsytetra, I have a suggestion

Check this site out: http://honorwellstone.com

This is a typical Social Bookmarking website. Register (you don't need a real email, because they don't send email verifications) and go to "Submit" on the menu.

Go through the steps (it will take you 2-3 mins) to see what fields you write and what happends. Then you will have much better understading for the Social Bookmark category in GSA SER.

You can do this exercise for other platforms that you are not exactly sure how they work.
  • Stoimeniliev,
    I took your advice. Thank you very much; that helped.
  • @velsytetra Glad to hear that!