Skip to content

Verify links just once 5 days later?

edited December 2012 in Feature Requests
I'm wondering if this has been discussed before. But if I'm not wrong, GSA checks for links every so often (once a day?) and if it's not there after 5 days it stops and the link isn't verified. I'm wondering if we could just get GSA to check for links 5 days after - just once as we don't need it to do so many times as that takes up a lot of resources. I don't think people need the verified links in a hurry. Or if not, the option to choose the limit for verification time interval.

Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Be nice if that could happen, more time posting links

Verifying wastes valuable posting time

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    you can disable the verification at all and turn it on when you think it's time. Though you have to keep in mind that guestbook posts e.g. will move the page and a verified link is missed as it might be on page 2 than.
    edited December 2012

Would it be possible to set the verify time.

Ie 1 day, 2 day etc after submission

That way on blogs when you might get an instant approval or forum profiles, you give them time to be deleted by the site owners and they dont end up in the verified list

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Another fantastic idea...will great improve efficiency, allowing us to customise verification checks per project. 
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited December 2012
    Even if you didn't create a user toggle, and just had SER do it twice a day, it would make everything far more efficient. Kind of a compromise...
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    next version will let you choose a custom interval. Though I still don't recommend changing this as guestbook submissions e.g. will move to page 2 soon and you will never see that URL as verified.
    Top man Sven, much appreciated
  • +1 vote for this. I agree that it does too many checks (where it could be searching/posting). Thanks Sven, love this tool!