Skip to content

Best way to clean install an old version of SER?

Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
Has anyone completely un-installed SER and re-installed an older working version before?

Whats the best way to do it?

I tried uninstalling SER then running an old saved version of SER but all that does it run SER and not install it.

On one server of mine i'm not getting any reCaptcha blobs at all using the same exact proxies as in another server that is getting those blobs. The only real difference is on one server I have never updated past 8.?? version (This server has no blobs) and the other server I did update SER past that version (This server gets the blobs even if I run the same old saved exe version as the other server).

Now I was thinking that if I can get the good version of SER to the other server, this might fix things ""MAYBE""...

So what would be the best way to do this. Just copy all SER folders to the other server after removing SER?

Comments

• I did. GSA has 2 locations. In program files, it has the software files. While in user/local/roaming  [not sure of exact location], it stores project data, proxy settings, general settings etc. If u want to completely remove the ser, then u got to delete the program files folder and the one in ur username folder too.

Well basically if i want to downgrade, i have the zipped file in which I have added Program files/GSA folder. I just extract it to program files over-writing the original files. 
    Hope it helped. I was not able to understand your question completely.
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    Well basically it's like this:

Server 1: Running SER version 8.42, never updated past this version and getting hardly any reCaptcha Blob images.

Server 2: Updated  SER to latest version and this server gets all reCaptcha Blob images even if I run version 8.42.

Both servers use the exact same proxies also.

I just can't understand why one server gets no reCaptcha blobs yet the other one does with the same proxies.

UPDATE:

I copied all SER files from one server to the other to see if this would fix the blob reCaptchas but that did not help. Must be some server setting that's different or something.

This is driving me crazy.
  • ronron SERLists.com

@Trevor_Bandura - I think that there are many dependent files interwoven into the two main SER folders for any given update. So a true roll back would be a complete uninstall (meaning auto-uninstall + going back manually and deleting all SER folders and contents after the uninstall), and then restoring backups of those two SER folders from a previous version which you hopefully saved. Anything short of that I believe compromises the roll-back.