Skip to content

[FEATURE REQUEST] For Better Project Management With Many Projects

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited December 2012 in Feature Requests
Many users have a base project that they then duplicate and edit to create sub projects. 

Now when updates come out or you want to edit something, that is common to all the projects, you have to do it in each of the projects. This can take forever! I have been doing a big neaten up and am 2 days down so far! (Nearly done though)

I am using the feature from the main project to export data fields to a .txt file. 

What would be really really useful is:
1) Option to highlight multiple projects and import data fields. (in stead of having to do it one by one per project, this import). Yes you may overide a few fields, but often these are quicker to re-instate than having to edit all the projects. 
2) I don't know how feasible it is, but an option to either "Replace All" or an option to "Only Replace These Fields" (and have a few fields that you can select)

This will allow you to make quick changes to all projects that are highlighted. E.g. update website titles, improve comments, etc, etc. 

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com

Hey @GG, along the lines of what you are thinking, but simpler...

Just have a template that you keep updated for platforms and settings, and when you update the template, it automatically propogates to all projects that use the template.

What do you think?

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I have set something like that up.... ;-) 

Was a pain to do but works wonders now. 
  • ronron SERLists.com

What I was getting at was that someday Sven could create a template linking feature that would automatically update all projects if we simply updated one template.

Right now, I use a base template for inner pages, homepage, tiers, etc. But if new platforms are added, I still have to change all project settings.

• I'm also looking for a way to edit many projects at the same time.
    For example I've subscribed to serengines but I'm obliged to change one by one all my projects.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited April 2013

This has essentially been implemented...

Take one project, any project, and choose the exact engines you want in each platform.

Then in that engine area, right click, and save it/name it to whatever you want. So for example, you create a T1 specifically for web2.0 engines from SER engines. You save it as "SER Engines".

You then go to all your new SER engine projects, right click in the engine box, and choose to load "SER Engines". Bingo - done.

I have engine selections saved for Contextual tiers, Kitchen Sink tiers, and all sorts of special project types. 

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    This is why I have been asking for a group/tag feature. I.e. you can add a tag to all projects that are similar. I.e. all T2 secondary. Then you just press the tag and it selects all those projects at once. Then you do your engine edit. 

MUCH MUCH Better than selecting 100 projects with mouse clicks... 

Read it here: