Skip to content

Global Site Lists - I'm Technically Challenged !

Totally newbie and technically challenged - apologize if this is a stupid
question.

Trying to get to grips with the global lists

I understand that the verified list has submissions that GSA has verified.
What I don't get is that this could contain say bookmarks and articles so
when you run a project using your verified list what does GSA try and do
with these urls ie it can't post to an existing article or bookmark ?. Does
it strip it down and just try and post to that site ?

When do you use the identified and failed folders - GSA removes failed
from the verified (?) so is there any point using ?

Thanks

Si

Comments

• GSA SER will look for the registration page or try going to the registration url directly, it doesn't matter if it starts out on a social bookmark or article, it should be able to figure it all out.

I see no point in using the identified and failed folders. You might want to use the identified folder if you use the identify and sort in tool, but else I see no use for it.

GSA SER never removes anything from the global site lists unless you use the tools for removing duplicate domains or urls.

Hope this helps.
  • Thanks fakenickahl - big help :)

Can I just ask how often would you clean your verified list ?

Cheers
  • edited May 2014
    I've actually never cleaned it and I've been kicking myself for not getting it done the last couple of days. However I don't suggest to use the clean up tool, instead I'm going to collect all the verified lists I've got and let 5-10 projects run through the entire list after I've deduped it by domains and urls. I'd like to do this once every month, but ideally it should probably be done more often as targets die all the time.

Edit: If you're talking about just deduping it by domains and urls, I'm doing this regularly.