Skip to content

Crash - Visual C++ Runtime problem

I'm seeing a number of crashes on a daily basis using CB with SENuke.   Sometimes, I see a popup window containing this message:

MIcrosoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Any suggestions?

Charlie

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Yes, redirect this question to SENuke as we don't use any C++ Runtimes or .net or whatsoever.
  • I have done that.  Thank you.
  • The SENuke guys say that this issue is a Captcha Breaker issue and not a SENuke issue, especially since it's Captcha Breaker that's crashing.

I've asked them to get in touch with you about it.
    Image attached.

Charlie
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    @essmeier - Did you happen to click the "send bug report" button? Whenever you see a message like that pop up, be sure to always send it in so it can be debugged.

Yes and this has no Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime error message at all. So obviously something else.

Press Send Bugreport and make a note to this thread so I know what it's all about.

• I did not send a bug report for the instance shown in the image.  I have, however, sent bug reports when this has happened in the past.  I will do so again the next time the problem occurs.

Charlie
  • I believe I have found a solution for this problem.  My operating system is Windows 7.  I set Captcha Breaker to run in Compatibility Mode for Windows XP, SP3, and the problem seems to have gone away.

This would suggest to me that the problem was a Captcha Breaker problem, and not an SENuke problem.

Charlie
    Again, we don't use Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime as we don't even use a MS compiler or there libs. This error is from SENuke.
  • OK.  I have shared this with them.  Nevertheless, making a change to Captcha Breaker, rather than SENuke, is what solved the problem.

Thank you for your reply.

Charlie