Skip to content

GSA SER not running at full potential?

I have set my threads to 500 but most of the time, GSA SER only uses around 20 threads. (Please take note that it is NOT in verification status!)
My CPU Usage is also around 20% only.
I already tried to increase the threads but the CPU Usage is not really increasing.

How can I set GSA SER to always use 90% CPU Usage?
I have 20.4 GhZ CPU so I think it's not really running at full potential.

@Sven, What do you think is the problem? :|

Comments

• This depends on how many projects & tiers you are running, whether SER is scrapping or as well as posting or just posting and how good your site list is.

Far too many variables and there is already plenty of help already on the forums.  Time to do some reading.
  • The same goes to me here. I set my threads at 500 but most of the time only 200 - 300 running.
  • 20.4 ghz so you use high end vps. Change it do dedicated server and perfprmance should be better.
    Solid seo vps offer 20 ghz for $129. For this price you can get 2 dedicated servers with Xeon 1230v2 or 3 dedicated servers with Xeon 1230 or one bulletproof dedicated server so you dont have to use proxies. I dont get why so many guys here use vps instead of dedicated server.
  • Hi @satyr85

Don't take this the wrong way, but at best that is bad advice.  You know nothing of their set up, other than an educated guess that @ohohraii is running a VPS.

Literally shaking my head.

and now I'm tutting too..

Tsk tsk tsk.

• I'm having the same problem, I hope we can fix this. :)
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    If SER is not running using all the threads you have set, I would say that SER does not have enough targets to go through to use all the threads.

Maybe you need to add more target URL's.
  • I have the same problem. I set to my threads 400 and gsa use only 150-200 and cpu 20%. In version 7.24 on this same project's I have 400 threads and cpu 80-90.