Skip to content

Former Article Dashboard Site Owner - Your Thoughts???

bevitalbevital Albuquerque, NM
I used to have an Article Dashboard site. Like everyone else, just a guy trying to make a buck or two. Soon my site became very popular and was getting hundreds/thousands of new articles everyday. Seemed like life was great, however . . .

After a few months my site became so popular my host said I was using so much bandwidth I would have to upgrade or go to a dedicated server. The problem was I never got a single click on any of my adsense or amazon links (boo hoo right? :().

I did the only thing I could at the time and shut the site down. This certainly must be the case for most article sites, that's why they drop so much, who'd shut their site down if they were making money?

I would never ask anyone to go click on someone's Adsense ad that would be against the G-monster's TOC but I'm sure if site lists were available, (not the articles we create but the main sites themselves) someone out there would visit a site and most likely see an ad that interested them and "paid" a visit.

I could just be crazy to not want my backlinks to drop. But as I said, if I had been getting just a couple clicks aday, there is no way in the world I would have shut my site down.

Your thoughts???

Comments

• Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    How many hits were you getting daily?
  • bevitalbevital Albuquerque, NM
    It was difficult to tell because each new article registered as a hit . . . I would imagine zero, other than what was being created by the new articles. Of course my host thought, wow, this guys got so much traffic, he can afford to pay more.