Skip to content

Cheap Content Outsourcing For Money Sites - Share Your Experience

grax1grax1 Professional SEO, UK | White Label SEO Provider
edited April 2014 in Other / Off Topic
Hi guys, recently I've been reading some interesting articles related to content outsourcing, some guys shared nice techniques showing how to get cheap and high qulity content for your money sites. Outsourcing is definitely helpful when it comes to saving time and developing your projects at the same time. I outsourced some parts of my projects a few times, but to be honest it wasn't anything big.

What I'd like to ask you is if you ever developed a website that achieved a lot of success - which for me means: increasing list of email subscribers, increasing amount of social signals, low bounce rate, active users commenting on various articles, increasing amount of leads, growing audience (I think all this shows that the content is indeed interesting and high quality) - filling out the website with outsourced and cheap(so no really premium, rather 3-10$/1000 words) content ?

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    I have used iWriter, you can reject an article and have it re-written if you're not happy with it - for no extra cost.
    So, you'll usually get good content.
  • I'm very pleased with epicwrite.com

$11 per 1000 words, native English writer, editor review, unlimited revisions

You'll get really professional articles or other content for this price.

The only drawback - 5 days turnaround, but their writers really research a topic.

They have cheaper packages too.
  • grax1grax1 Professional SEO, UK | White Label SEO Provider
    edited April 2014
    good to know about your experience with these services, and do you use them to just add some more content on your sites or do you have websites that consists of 100% outsourced (for cheap price) content and do well ?
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    You can use 100% outsourced content, i never write anything these days.
    But the content must be decent of course.
  • ronron SERLists.com

So many people have struggled with that one. Most companies I have used turned out to be crap.

I wanted to mention that @FuryKyle launched a service here that is higher-end writing, and of course, more expensive. There used to be more of these around, but I haven't seen many lately, so I thought I should throw that in there.

I still think if you want to grow a list or social shares you have to write the epic articles yourself to get the link bait and subscribes going. I don't think you can grow that end of it without doing the most important articles yourself.

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Just wanted to say I ordered content from Furykyles service a few days ago and just got it back today and the quality is superb. No exaggeration, the best quality content I've ever received. 

I've never tried epicwrite so I'll test that out too for some lower quality content. 

edited April 2014
    @ron you are right, to get that viral effect with social signals you really have to be an expert in a certain niche and write epic articles, but really epic and this requires 'a bit' more than a few hours of research and a few of writing, then this is basically what we are getting for cheap outsourcing of content. But again, I meant kind of content that would be enough for an average joe, to keep him long enough on the site and monetize him (sounds so brutal, lol).

When we start with a niche to make money from it(not some epic projects, but rather sites pure for aff commissions), then we are not experts, and what we are doing is research and the writing articles, when not outsourcing.

I asked this because I plan to develop amazon affiliate website, nothing epic, I'm not somehow passionate about writing a reviews of a various products, lol, so I thought outsourcing would be a nice way to keep this project developing, while I could still focus on creating other income sources that require much more engagement from me

thanks for sharing the service ron, I'll maybe give it a try in the near future but it's definitely not cheapest way to outsource, but again I understand that there are niches where you won't achieve anything with just good quality content
  • edited April 2014
    Thanks for the mention @ron and @s4ntos, I truly appreciate it.

@grax1 You NEVER want to skimp on content because they are the backbone of your site and is a one-time off thing. With that said, I'm not saying this so that you will order from me. There are people selling content at $1/100 words whilst others are selling at $5/100 words. Perhaps you should try these different price point/services to see how the difference in rates can justify themselves whether in conversions or bounce rates.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited April 2014
    I'll try to be more specific here...

Epic is the 1500-3000 word big-butt article with tons of cool graphics and such - and that is great for an established website, or if you are making a big play in a competitive market with a new website. The epic strategy works well in those cases, and helps you get noticed and links.

When you decide to enter a new market, you are typically jaded/biased or short of ideas - usually one or the other. It happens to me all the time. A great website starts with just a few really good articles. 

That's why I mentioned @FuryKyle's service. It really helps invigorate the juices when some third party comes in and writes a really well-researched article. Trust me - it has changed my entire perspective on many occasions just to have a different human being write something in their own words. It has jump-started me on many occasions to really get the website going in a better direction, instead of the typical crap.

I love these kind of services for writing a review, or comparing Product A vs. Product B. It just fires up creativity when another brain gets involved. Like when the boys and me got together to form our serlists team. We edit each other's writings - very stimulative for creativity.

I know it doesn't solve the longer-term issue if you are looking to outsource a lot of articles because of cost considerations.  But it is something to consider. I have used this type of premium service in the past, and I never regretted it.

• I have ordered over 5000 articles from textbroker.... There is no better solution IMHO. You get to set all the parameters for quality, SEO options, word count, keyword density, and so on. Then a pool of 60 or 70 thousand writers get access to complete you assignment. Content is done very fast (24-48 hours).

The key to good content here is to summarize what the article should say. Here is an example.

============================================================
    1. This article must establish XXX Pest Control Company as:
    a.) A sensible and balanced solution to pest problems that provides you and your family the peace of mind to breathe easier and sleep a little better each night.
    b.) Your "neighborhood Green Pro professionals" providing environmentally-responsible pest control in (insert City Name)
    c.) A member of the Better Business Bureau. We guarantee results or your money back.
    d.) An experienced pest control company. We give you a guaranteed price over the phone to solve your pest problem.
    e.) A professional pest control company that understands the value of your time. We schedule a treatment at your convenience within a two hour window.
    2. The target market is upper middle class and wealthy home owners with a pest problem (termites, ants, mice, rodents, bed bugs). You are writing to gain new customers 
    3. The item will be published on a new page on the company website dedicated to offering pest control services in (insert City Name)

Basically you get highly educated writers (e.g. college students, professors, professionals) producing your content at about $5-$7 per 500 words depending on quality.

• @coneh34d lol you almost have written teh article yourself :)

I use Odesk for my articles i have found some great writers for low prices, i pay no more then $5- per 500 words.
    The content i get i good enough for the websites i build (mostly local sites or product review sites)
  • edited April 2014
    PaulieP That was for a 1200 article order....all copyscape passed
  • Textbroker work well for me too, especially once you get to know some of the authors and what they are capable of.
  • I tried Textbroker too. epicwrite is much better. Probably it sounds like an endorsement, but I've got the same quality for $11/1000 words with epicwrite as I've got for $25/1000 words with textbroker.
  • I am using the Want to Buy section on SEOClerks. Works like a charm. There are many people who are ready to write articles for low price and you can definitely find some great workers there. 
    edited April 2014
    I like the way this discussion developed, thanks a lot for sharing your experience!

This way it definitely will be much easier to find right people to outsource some content. I will definitely share my results here in the future, once I'm done with my site that I will outsource articles creation for.
  • I am gonna check out Epicwrite, never heard of them. I've seen FuryKyle's samples and they look good too.

Two other options: Recently I tried http://the-writebrothers.com/ and the sample I had written was very good. This guy usually knows what he is talking about: http://marketingreviews.co/software/natasha-nixon/ and that is a content creation review.
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    I just noticed this thread and thought i will do some shameless self promotion.

I offer a premium article write and spin service - http://asiavirtualsolutions.com/product/article-write-and-spin/

basically this is what we
    • Professional article writing by an English speaking writer ( 1 original article and 2 manual rewrites – UAW Style)
    • Creating a super syntax by combining the 3 articles into 1 super article
    • Spin the super article on title, word, synonym, phrase as well as paragraph level
    • Produce 100 article variations by spinning the super article syntax
    • Detailed report with the 3 original articles, syntax of the 3 articles combined, syntax of the 3 articles combined and spun, 100 variation.

Price starts at $16 - $20 and works out to about $1.33 per 100 words

@royalmice thanks for letting us know about your service.

I was looking for a cheaper solution to create a bunch of Web 2.0 with good content on it so that they don't get deleted. I know a lot of them won't even if you put pure shit on it, but those I want to have usually get deleted, so that might be a solution.

What would be the uniqueness rate between those 100 variations ?

• royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    @grax1 sorry i thought you need the content for GSA SER projects. If it is web 2.0 you want to create then your cheapest option would be http://asiavirtualsolutions.com/product/web-2-0-backlinks/ which include the content and the actual web 2.0 creation + you get the login details so you can post more to it. For those web 2.0's it works on 1 original and 10 sentence level spun variations

No, no, I need content for my moneysite, not for any of tiers. But thanks for information @royalmice, I will maybe use your service in the future
  • steelbonesteelbone Outside of Boston
    I use iwriter.com for some stuff and also have my own priovate writer
  • MorphManMorphMan British Expat lost in S.E Asia
    +1 for iwriter, I've been using them for a lot of content creation for quite a while, never had any issues. Once you get your pool of favourite writers You'll get great content every time, just send your request directly to them
    edited April 2014
    Ok guys, I decided to take a look at a few different outsourcing sites after receiving your recommendations.

Now I'm sticking to iWriter as well as oDesk. I tried Freelancer and Elance but I don't like them and decided to give up using them.

Elance was banning my job posts because it was violating their policy and so on and I decided to avoid them since other sites don't have that problem.

As for Freelancer - I don't like interface it has - levels, XP points, bonus XP for something - next time I want some RPG I'll install damn WoW.

I found a few writers on oDesk and one writer on iWriter and now I'm outsourcing all stuff I'm too lazy to write myself to them. iWriter is more expensive since I can't order articles for e.g. 1,5$ per 500 words which is what I'm doing on oDesk when I want some content for my tier 1 links.

I have now 2 guys that write good quality content for my moneysites and 2 guys with not so good english skills that write for Web 2.0 as well as PBN I'm about to create.

Once again, thanks all you guys for your recommendations. What I would recommend now to people asking question I did, basing on my short experience is as I already mentioned, iWriter and oDesk

• Hi @grax1, I see that you're already sorted, but just as a  side note, if you just need average quality unique content for your web2s etc, then you could just go and scrape a few hundred niche related articles and bulk spin them with word AI.
    @2Take2 -  lol, I'm replying exactly 3 months later, anyway. I was using Rankwyz for some time but I had really bad experience with it because of the amount of blogs that were deleted, I was wondering how some people are able to create tier 2 layer with web 2.0 - I was reading some strategies where guys would use it to protect Tier 1 or so and to create that layer you would need hundreds of these web 2.0. 

I thought about getting back to Rankwyz and try to play with it again, this time also with your guide from Serlists and try my luck with integrating KM with it.

@2Take2 what's % (approximately) of web 2.0 blogs you get deleted ? 
  • edited July 2014
    grax1 i've been using FCSnetworker for about a week now, i put all the links into SER and started building links to them but when i check the Web 2.0s, i found alot had been deleted or didn't accept my links in the article so basically i've been wasting time building backlinks to these pages! also, when i manually check some sites, they were saying "confirm your e-mail address".
    i now have to remove all those deleted sites from my url list which is going to take time..

i'm not sure how good Rankwyz is though.
  • Hi @grax1, sorry for the delayed reply, I've been a bit busy lately.

The amount that get deleted really depends on a number of factors, but generally speaking I would expect to lose maybe up to 50% if I bought them from the account store, or maybe 10 - 20% if I created them myself.

Not sure why this is, but the ones that you buy from rankwyz seem to get hammered as soon as you try to post to them - maybe some are already dead when you buy them, I don't know?

edited August 2014
    @2Take2 - sorry for the delay too, I just checked "my discussions" and noticed there was new responde here.

I think that the system notices that accounts were created too quickly and forms were filled out all at once or so - I believe the Web 2.0's companies that have more budget for fighting spammers invest in a system that can find out whether the process of creation was completed by human or bot.