Skip to content

Multi-project account import?

edited April 2014 in Feature Requests
Hi @Sven - I'm about 90% sure this isn't a feature at the moment, but it would save so much time if it was - and if it already is, my apologies, how do I work this.

You take a project - set only Buddypress platform as targets. You import accounts in from all other projects - confirm the preselected "what platform should GSR import accounts for" and go to town posting with imported BUDDYPRESS accs.

Now imagine setting up 10 projects, each for the same main target urls - but each with SEPERATE PLATFORMS. One project w the buddypress only, one with drupals only, one with phpfox only, etc, etc. It's a little bit of a timesuck having to go back and edit every one of the 10 campaigns to import in the accounts for that particular platform - given that the bot predetermines it anyway before you confirm. Can you make a mass "import account types selected in the highlighted projects" feature? So it takes the 10 projects, and imports each of the selected platform type accounts into the projects without spending 20 minutes on it manually.

Please, and thank you.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    select project->modify->import->account data and that will query (if the right format file was used) to select types of platforms?
  • But theres no way to import accounts to 10 projects.

So imagine theres

project-tier1s
    PROJECT2-tier2-buddypresses
    PROJECT3-tier2-wordpresses
    PROJECT4 - tier2 drupals

Now I have to go and edit each one individually to import the individual accounts in for that platform. I can't select all of the projects - import accounts in - and let the bot append the buddypress accs to the buddypress project, wordpress accs to the wordpress project, etc, etc.

• And I've noticed anytime I select more than one platform in ONE project and import accounts in for both of the platforms - it'll miss a platform and only post to accounts for one of them, etc. I found it best to seperate the tiers by projects, but when you're making 10 projects at a time, and having to import accounts into all of them - it becomes kind of a timesuck.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    import/export is added for next version.