Skip to content

Not receiving verification emails when using aliases with Outlook

Tested this many times, when I use aliases, many emails are lost, never received in my inbox.. Duplicated the project, using only the main email, reloading the same list, all emails received.

Comments

• I have to test this myself. If this is the case, that is not too good.
  • yes please, test, thats why I posted here so others test this. I noticed the low submission rated since I started using aliases and this seems to be the problem
  • This doesn't sounds good :-S
  • HinkysHinkys SEOSpartans.com - Catchalls for SER - 30 Day Free Trial
    While this doesn't sound good indeed, this would surely explain all the "low verification" problems around here lately.
  • anyone else testing this?
  • I'll set up a test soon for a small list.

@coneh34d How is your testing going?
  • edited April 2014
    Crap. I can confirm that there is an issue with some alias emails, at least with outlook. 

I picked some projects with unusually low submitted and verified links and sent test emails to the alias. All bounced. Emails went through only when I sent directly to the master email. 

However, this does not happen with all alias emails, just with some. 

My thought here is that maybe because of a high volume of emails coming in Outlook might triggered some sort of filter that locks aliases. Or maybe aliases were somehow created incorrectly from the beginning.

This is messed up  :(( I'll do some more investigation.
  • Live, Hotmail and Outlook have all the same issues. Im building yahoo accounts now will test and report back.
  • will also build live, outlook and hot mail and run tests to see if "Verified" links goes up, running the same template in SER + CB + GSA Indexer.
  • yes, only some aliases will go through. I believe is not the high volume of emails, as I only had a few sent when I noticed this.