Skip to content

Keywords Question

Hi everyone,

Would someone please tell me how to use keywords with GSA ?

How many keywords do I need?

What kind of keywords should they be ? For example, If I wanted to sell bikes. should I use broad 1 and 2 word phrases like “bikes” and “huffy bikes” or should I go for long tail keywords like “bikes under 300 dollars from walmart” and “huffy bikes for sale at kmart”

*Please note - I am not referring to anchor text I am talking about the keywords that are supposed to be put into the keyword field.

Tagged:

Comments

• Depends if you want to find semi-relevant sites to post on.....I use 500,000 unrelated keywords as I just want links and for SER not to run out of targets (I don't use site lists).

Or, if you have Scrapebox, you can throw in a handful of bike keywords then run the keyword tool and keep on transferring the larger list over to make more keywords about bikes until you have plenty. However, keep the keywords in a folder on your desktop and use %spin folder% instead of putting them into SER as large files can slow it down. Make SER lighter and faster, so it posts more.
  • edited April 2014

Thanks JudderMan,

That sounds like a good plan. How do you use the %spin folder%

• "Depends if you want to find semi-relevant sites to post on.....I use 500,000 unrelated keywords as I just want links and for SER not to run out of targets (I don't use site lists).

Or, if you have Scrapebox, you can throw in a handful of bike keywords then run the keyword tool and keep on transferring the larger list over to make more keywords about bikes until you have plenty. However, keep the keywords in a folder on your desktop and use %spin folder% instead of putting them into SER as large files can slow it down. Make SER lighter and faster, so it posts more."

@JudderMan ....Can you please explain a little more?
  • edited April 2014
    Rick - in the keyword field in Options, right click and you will see lots of things to choose from. If you're more technically minded than me, then you might find even more cool things in SER if you just right click everything. Read gooner's posts about making SER lighter, faster, less 'heavy' so it runs faster.

By pulling keywords from a file, SER isn't clogged up. This goes for all content (use %spin folder in the Articles section too), bad word list, comments, in fact anything. Letting SER pull data from your desktop/Dropbox makes it so much quicker.

SEOwizard - I just want links. Lots of links. From anywhere. I'm not so bothered about them being relevant. Relevancy is only really for tier 1 stuff. For tier 2, 3, 4 or whatever your setup is, get as much as possible from as far and wide as possible.

So, Google keyword list or go on BHW and see if there is a large list of random keywords. Run them through Scrapebox, making the list larger, then de-dupe, and you will have a file of for example 1 million keywords. This is way too large for SER to handle (I think 1mill is about 20MB of txt file). So, use Scrapebox's file splitter or Once is Enough and chunk the keywords into txt files of about 10-50k each. Put those txt files in a folder on your desktop and use %spin folder% and SER will pull random keywords.

My goal by doing this is for SER to never run out of places to use as it's search/scrape. I don't use imported lists (not much anyway) and getting SER 'optimised' to the max I get 100+LPM without posting to the same site and not to URL shorteners either, I mean 90% contextual links.

Optimising is the key word here. That's what SEO is all about in my head ;) 

And after you've done all of that, you can start to look at the footprints....--->https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/7692/free-software-ser-footprint-editor-easily-add-footprints-to-ser-engines#latest

• @judderman this might get off-topic but, how do you specifically search for footprints? I tried doing it with gscraper and I find it unsatisfactory. Would like to know how you choose which footprints stays or not? Been deleting everything that has less than 5% of the entire search volume?
  • Thank you JudderMan. That was really helpful!
  • Hi JudderMan,

One more question. Are the keywords in the .txt files supposed to be in spin syntac form? I noticed if you don't put them in spin syntac form and press the test button to see a preview then all the keywords will show at the same time in that file where as if you use spin syntacs than only one keyword will show at a time in the preview window.