Skip to content

Scraping your own lists VS. Letting SER find sites

i'm a newbie to SER. i have all the optimal settings in my software along with private proxies (from buyproxies), email accounts, keywords, etc. however, i'm only getting 0.30 LPM even with the best engines selected (articles, blog comments, etc. i checked advanced options to see which engines were most successful and only selected those).

i'm assuming i'm getting a terrible LpM because i'm letting SER scrape on its own for new sites and not importing my own site lists that are scraped.

my question is, is it better to scrape your own lists or let SER find sites on its own? which will yield better results? i've googled this but there's no definitive answer on this subject.

i'd gladly appreciate any help. thanks!

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    edited April 2014
    Scraping your own list should get better results for these reasons:

- You'll have more control over the footprints used to scrape.
    - You'll have more control over how many threads are used for scraping and how many SER uses for posting (SER will use all threads for posting if you scrape externally)
  • @gooner

thank you! i'll learn how to scrape and make my own lists pronto
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    You're welcome :)

Once you start scraping, the key is to finding the footprints that give you the best results.
    You'll want to test which footprints = more verified links.

In time you'll become very good at it.
  • @gbmack I don't scrape and I can hit between 100-250LPM depending on the engine selection. I'd buy a few verified lists if I were you so you have a 'base' list to work from....then let SER post on sites linking into your verified list. If you're brand new to SER it's just searching for targets which is why LPM is low. In a few weeks, you'll be hitting 20-50LPM then a few weeks more it'll be 50+LPM...if your settings are good and it will be automatic.

Or scrape.....*yawn*... <--joke , I'm crap at scraping ie. 2million list getting 100 verified is a waste of life.
  • hah intersting to see ppl doing ti both ways. i have been doing some scraping myself but since im scraping for xrumer agina now i dont want hrefer tied up all the time. so thinking of doing the hybrid method recomended to me of just having one procjet in ser dedicated to scraping and let the rest post to global verifieds.
  • That's a good idea @PeterParker about having one project for scraping. Might give that a whirl. 
  • edited April 2014
    @PeterParker @JudderMan
    There's also a different method for manually scraping URLs. It's one of the things I do and you can build a pretty awesome list this way. You'll need a subscription at ahrefs or majesticseo and then you'll need to find websites of your competitors or other people who use SER, you just copy their backlinks and put them in SER.

This is what I got after around 20 minutes of scraping links this way - it took me a few hours to import them into SER because I used the identify&sort option but you could just simply place them as target URLs in your projects and it would be a lot faster.

Category - Article............: 3627
    Category - Blog Comment.......: 20965
    Category - Directory..........: 223
    Category - Document Sharing...: 3
    Category - Exploit............: 166
    Category - Forum..............: 2309
    Category - Guestbook..........: 2317
    Category - Image Comment......: 6623
    Category - Microblog..........: 37
    Category - Pingback...........: 16011
    Category - Referrer...........: 51
    Category - RSS................: 7