Skip to content

adding multiple URLs to a project - how?

MorphManMorphMan British Expat lost in S.E Asia
Just some clarification and advice;

If I want to add multiple URLs (over 100) to the project URL section at the top how would you do this? do the URLs have to be separated by a comma, or in Spintax format, or can you just upload a .text file with all of the URLs on single lines.

I don't really want to make a separate projects for each URL, i'm just trying to build links to my inner pages of my website

Cheers

Comments

• Put all your links into Links.txt or what ever you want to call it .txt

Then use this macro.

%spinfile-C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Path\Subpath\SubSubPath\links.txt%

etc.
    I know you can't save this macro directly so... what you do is fill up all the fields.

Then export the field's data. After that, you edit the exported file with notepad etc. Replace the above macro with the correct pathing to your links file. Save and re-import it into GSA's project :)
  • MorphManMorphMan British Expat lost in S.E Asia
    thanks for the reply, is this the only way to do it - seems a complicated way to add multiple URLs?
    so if i did this, do I just add that macro in the URL space in the project and it would pull the file to the project from the destination I have set?
    edited April 2014
    well I've done a quick test and it does seem that you can just add all of the URLs in spintax format. So this seems the simplest and easiest way to add more than 1 URL into the project - unless i'm missing something?
  • you can just edit the urls field edit all - and you cann add them pby pasting - the fastest way I guess - also in the spintax format.