Skip to content

Do you build your own lists?

sagarpatilsagarpatil 1LinkList Ninja
Hey all,

I was just wondering how many of you build your own private lists?
Currently I'm buying lists from the services listed in BST.

I have also bought video tutorial to build your own private list from @donaldbeck, but to be honest, I just prefer to buy lists.
Ofcourse the downside is these lists are spammed to death. 

That's why I'm just thinking, is it time to build your own lists?

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Sellers selling these list are only harming SER in the long run and for such little $$$ return I never understood why they would.

Always best to scrape your own list, its not that hard.
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    I scrape and build my own lists...the lists that are sold are bought and resold diminishing the returns.
  • I build my own lists too. I've never been a supporter of buying/selling lists.
  • edited March 2014
    I get about 50,000 new targets a day building my own list. This is way more cost effective than buying a list that is shared with other people. The less people know about what you're doing the better.

However, if your new to scraping or just don't have the tools, buying a list can give you a good jumpstart.
  • steelbonesteelbone Outside of Boston
    what are you guys using to scrape with?

SB, Gscrapper??

Thanks
  • Majority,if not almost all, of contextual sites of the bought lists go offline in a week or so. Heavy-hitters buy a list and submit 500 posts a day each site for churn and burn and then resell/share it. It's Hit List. But certain percentage of people find great value with it so I wouldn't argue against it any more.