Skip to content

[Feature Request] Use Contents of Random File

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited November 2012 in Feature Requests
Can we have this option for both:
1) URLs
2) Secondary anchor text.

I use this feature a lot as I have a slow connection and it's much easier to edit the text files than go into the VPS and edit these settings for 10 projects. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Those sound good to me too
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    You can do that any time. Just use one of the macros directly when editing a project and it should work.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I'm not quite following you Sven. I'm unable to select contents from a random file for these two options. 

Can I just manually input the address and it will take a the details in the file:
    "%spinfolder-C:\Users\Administrator\Dropbox\SEO Tools\GSA SER"

no...this would insert content from a random file and you forgot the % at the end. Though I would simply use a text file with one keyword each line and than use...

%spinfile-c:\somepathkeywords.txt%

This should work just fine.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Perfect. It's just that when you right click, you don't get the option to use contents from random file so wasn't sure you could use it here.

ALSO 
    Can you explain the following difference:
    1) If I have a .txt file with 10 URL's each on their own line. and I set it to %spinfile-c:\somepathURL.txt%. Will it pick a random line (i.e. a random URL) from that .txt file? Or do I need to add in a random command? 
    2) When you use %spinfile-c:\somepath.txt% when does it import a random line from a .txt file and when does it import the whole file? (Does this depend on the field you use it for)

Thanks.  

1) spinfile is taking a random line from it.

2) it uses the whole file.