Skip to content

download failed (proxy xx.xxx.xxx.xx:xx)

hi all,

have been getting a lot of this msg while submitting and my LpM is zero just recently. no links were submitted for hours. how to solve this? have i done something wrong which causes this? 

thanks in advance for the guidance.

philip

Comments

• Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    Test your proxies and also double click those messages and open the website to see if the site is even active.
  • Having this problem too. Proxies test just fine. They are new privy proxies, never used for scraping in my hands. Sites open up manually in browser just fine.
  • I am still getting this as well @Sven?
  • ronron SERLists.com

This is killing me. I just shut off SER and turned on NatGeo to watch cougars hunt antelope.

I am seeing this all over the place, and on perfectly fine proxies. They even test fine in SER, which is even crazier!

• yes,something is wrong we get a tons of complaints since yesterday with the same message
  • try using an older version of ser, im using version 7.79
  • 7.79 has another issue.
  • Yes, I get the same error
  • i have no issue in 7.79, the only common issue is that my proxies are getting banned and i am not scraping but i solved that if you untick the option disable banned proxies.
  • edited March 2014
    I'm getting this too.

I don't scrape with my proxies and they are not public ones.

They pass all the Google tests in SER too so they are not banned.

They are strictly used for posting and that's it. 

• My theory- my performance isn't falling off. I am getting the proxy failed message, but the proxies aren't failing. SER is "blaming" proxies when it's another "download failed" .
  • seems like the issues appeared after the recent version update. i used 30 semi dedicated proxies and it were submitting fairly well until these "download failed" errors started almost in every thread. 
  • personally thought was the semi dedicated proxies. about to buy another set so as to keep my campaign effectively running. now everything have to stop because of the failure. 
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    A download failed message doesn't mean the proxy is the cause. The proxy is just delivered as extra information to it.
    Bought a set 10 dedicated fresh proxies from buyproxies.org. Change another location to connect to the internet to prove my IP is not the contributing factor. Because of this problem, i have spent extra monies for the proxies (total 30 semi + 10 dedicated) in just 2 days.

Settings: 
    Thread: 50
    HTML: 180
    Time between search queries: 180

All I got is the same. ZERO LpM and "download failed". So proxies is the problem or settings? Software is the problem? Can see the screenshot.

• @philip8737 - firewall? Proxies set as private? Since SER is not submitting it usually means there is no access to the internet in some way.
  • Firewall disabled totally and the proxies were set as private. Nothing has improved. My internet connecting speed is 100mbps so I think is more than sufficient to run the program. How frustrating ....
  • @philip8737 have you tried port 55555 as your provider suggested?
  • edited March 2014
    @philip8737 if you own ScrapeBox check defacto bandwidth using its addon "ScrapeBox Bandwidth Meter" (or similar tool) min. 24 hours. My bandwidth is 50 Mbps (as per contract). But I saw SER warked very bad. After I checked my bandwidth I find out that most time (23 hours a day) my defacto bandwidth is ONLY 0-9 kbps!!!!
  • got same problem, download failed (proxy). using private one, all green
  • Guys: if you read Sven's comment above, the proxy messages are not a proxy failure. The message is just telling you that a download failed (fairly common), and that it was xxx proxy that was being used when it fails. It kind of freaked me out too, but even with these messages, my SER is running fine.
  • Ya, as @Satans_Apprentice said. They are working fine, the request was just to add the IP so you have a tool to see which proxies participate in the process, that's all.
  • In short, the proxy message is not a problem with your proxies.
  • Finally, i got my GSA to function again. The issues was mainly from my ISP. I took a VPS and my GSA is running fine for 2 days non-stop.
    Thanks Guys

Philip