Skip to content

Bing Yahoo Rankings

I have run across something unusual. One of my projects, has almost all of its keywords in the top 10 across Bing and Yahoo. What puzzles me, is that this project is run just like all of my others, and traditionally, the Bing Yahoo rankings do not move this fast. 

This is literally a three week old project running tiers at conservative levels using a domain that is not aged. The terms are local, not national. The big G terms are all sitting on page 5 as an average (some higher some lower) which is expected.

Now I will say this. I generally only rank sites nationally. Very rarely am I doing local SEO. It has been about 14 months since I worked a local project. One of the things I always do for local SEO is place the area code and full telephone number in the title tag. Perhaps this is something that Bing Yahoo is looking for. This site has no social media campaign, and no local citation campaign of any kind.

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi @coneh34d, yes you're right, that's not normal for Bing/Yahoo, at least not in my experience.

Was the domain an EMD by any chance?
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    My experience with local campaigns on Bing/Yahoo is that they are very hit and miss.
    Some rank almost instantly as yours did but some never rank at all.
    It could be the title tag, i've never tried that variable before... But i will next time that's for sure! :)
  • edited March 2014
    2Take2 Domain is not an EMD, but is is a PMD.