Skip to content

How to make my GSA SER run faster ?

Hi guys,

3 months ago I have less than 10 SEO Projects to complete using GSA SER.  I don't have any problem to handle them.
But currently I have almost double projects (more than 10 projects) and I feel my GSA run slowly.

I setting threads = 10 or 15, with 25 IP private proxies, run for 12 hours for 3 projects together.
I rent Dedicated Server, Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise - 64 bits -SP1, 8 GB RAM, with processor Intel XEON L5420 (2 processors), 2.50 GHz.

I wonder my forum friends here can handle hundreds projects without problem.

Please share with me guys how to make my GSA SER run faster.

Thank you for your kind attention and help.

Tagged:

Comments

• hmm, I can run 400 threads and not see any impact on the computer i am working on now (it's a E8400), what are the project settings?
  • 10 or 15 threads??? Use hundreds of threads along with the scheduler if adding projects slows you down.
  • Hi Ferryman and fakenickahl,

Thank you so much for your reply.

How many Proxies you use ?

Here it is my setting.  Please let me know how to improve it. 

Thanks

• Sorry the image can't drag and drop.

• My settings:

Threads to use = 15
    HTML timeout  = 30
    I uncheck bandwith limit

I check Proxies (using 25 private proxies) for search engines, disable banned proxies, submission, verification, email checking, stop project on no active proxies, restart project on active proxies, custome time to wait (180 seconds).

Please let me know how to improve it. 

• steelbonesteelbone Outside of Boston
    I use html time out at 180

if running more then 10 jobs i use the scheduler ...
  • edited February 2014
    I use 100 dedicated proxies, html timeout is 120, 900 threads, proxies for everything except identification and verification (it just slows it down when using proxies for these), and I don't disable banned proxies, I just let it keep running and failing if that's what's going to happen.

I don't have more than 10 projects running at a time. If I did I would probably also use the scheduler.
  • Hi steelbone,

Thank you for joining us in this discussion.

Assume we have 15 projects.   How many hours you schedule to run them together guys?

fakenickahl, excuse me, I am still not clear with identification. What should I uncheck?

• @white_angel
    1. Increase your threads to 100
    2. use scheduler - for 10 projects simultaneously
    3. get rid of PR checking
    4. html timeout - 160
    5. do not check your private proxies
    6. scrape some lists with scrapebox or buy them
    7. use proxies for everything except email checking.

• Hi RayBan,

Welcome aboard ! :)

Thank you for your opinion.
    If I do not check my private proxies, you mean I check public proxies or leave the "Use Proxies" box uncheck?

For the answer no.2: How many hours you schedule to run 10 project simultaneously?

I still confuse comparing your no.5 and no.7 answers.
    I need more explanation.

Thanks

• If you are searching for the backlinks via GSA SER search engine scraper don't expect some great LpM, better scrape the lists via gscraper or scrapebox and then import them into the GSA, that will give you huge LpM increase. 
  • edited February 2014
    @RayBan when you say "use proxies for everything except email checking"

do you mean in options dont check E-mail checking or don't check use proxies in E-mail verification tab in the individual project manager ? 

• hatterftw1 -both. What's the point of using proxies for checking emails ? Wouldn't that be strange if your email is accessed via 50 different locations a day ?

White_Angel  mark proxies as private (if you use those) in SER global options, leave a) disable banned proxies, b) e-mail checking, c) stop projects on no active proxies unmarked/unticked.

If you have 20 projects - set them all to active and let scheduler run 10 projects at once for 20 minutes. Thus, it will rotate your projects every 20 minutes.

If you use SER for scraping you may want to use different configuration. 
  • edited February 2014
    Hi guys,

Thank you so much for your help and suggestions.

Now I am running my projects using new settings:

Threads to use = (account private proxies x 3 max) --> so it is 1 private proxy for 3 threads maximum
    HTML timeout  = 180
    I uncheck bandwith limit

I check Proxies (using 25 private proxies) for search engines, disable banned proxies, submission, verification, email checking, stop project on no active proxies, restart project on active proxies, custome time to wait (180 seconds).

I will review and test this setting next week.

Currently my GSA SER is running faster !  :)

Once again thank you so much, also for Trevor Bandura that helped me via Skype.

Have a nice and blessed weekend for everyone!

Cheers,

White Angel

• @white_angel, people usually say it's just fine to use 10 threads per private proxy you've got. It might be different for you, but it doesn't hurt to figure out what will work best for you, if you can make ser run even faster. Also you should untick proxy use for verification, it just slows down SER even further and you really shouldn't have problems as you are just visiting a url and looking for your backlink.

@RayBan, it might not look that natural to use different proxies when logging into e-mails, but if you are using an e-mail such as hotmail which does not allow multiple logins during x minutes you have no other choice but to use proxies.
  • Hi fakenickahl,

Thank you so much for your suggestions.
    I can update my settings as you suggest.

• jkt48jkt48 Indonesia
    thank you for the answers and opinions of this discussion, @White_Angel I am also from Indonesia. Greetings
  • I am using GSA SER in ramdisk.
    Check ImDisk Virtual Disk Driver
  • Hi Jkt48 and Micha,

Thank you for your reply and suggestion

@jkt48, nice to meet you here.

Finally I use Blue List #3 from SERlists.com.
    For me, this is the best solution to solve my problem.

Special thanks for Ron and his team at SERlists.com :)

Good luck for everyone !