Skip to content

Cant figure out how to change platforms across all projects

Hi
I know there is a way to figure out how to change platforms across all projects. But cant seem to find it.

Tks

Comments

• BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    I always do them manually one by one.
  • This is dangerous, so be careful. You want to do group edits on projects with the same settings. When you use this method, all of the projects will have the same options and engines whether you change them or not. Using CTRL or shift keys, select your projects, again, they should have the same settings. Right click then modify projects=>edit engines and options. Have fun. Great tool if you are careful
  • Tks Brandon and Satans_Apprentice
  • ronron SERLists.com
    To further add, I have screwed up plenty of projects doing that. I prefer Notepad++ by a mile.

Even if the project types are the same, it doesn't matter. The number you set for links per day will change in all projects to the same number. So you have one T1 at 10 links per day and others at 100 per day, and now all are 10 per day!!! And god knows what else may have changed.

I never do group edits except in Notepad++. 
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    You can also use the "edit single option for all", that works great and doesn't have any of the problems @ron described above.
  • Okay thanks Ron I will have to use note pad. Where do you find the project files at.

Tks
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Correct, if you can find the one thing you need to change. For example, I couldn't find "continuously try to post...". Maybe I didn't look hard enough. However, I have used that single edit option to make one-off changes, and I haven't seen a problem. I guess I screwed up some projects so bad on two occasions that I am hesitant to use any mass edits other than Notepad++.
    Yea they are sometimes named differently to how they appear in the project options, I think "continuously try to post" is called "don't check if already parsed" or something like that,
  • edited February 2014
    tks gooner I seen that but could not figure out which one to use
    welcome @tommy99
  • ronron SERLists.com

@gooner - exactly what I was talking about. And then trying to find the right line with small font in a tiny window, argggh.