Skip to content

Contextual links on comment, guestbooks and forums

edited March 2013 in Feature Requests
hey @sven on article field SER automatically replace a keyword in the article for an anchor link if that keyword match whatever we have in the anchor field.

can we have this same parameters for blog comments, guestbooks and forums, i know that not everyone will use this but maybe an optional Thickbox.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

This is not limited to article fields. As long as an URL is expected in some field and html/bbcode/... is supported, it is always first trying to locate the anchor text in it and place a link there instead of using the link code at the end.

Also make sure the option "Try to always place an URL with an anchor text in descriptions/comments". is checked.

• edited March 2013
    I use the option "Try to always place a URL with an anchor text in descriptions/comments". 
    The problem is that using this option SER post the website at the end of the comment using one of your standard footprints like: also visit my website: url  i don't want this i want the anchor to be within the comment e.g.:
    yeah i know blue widgets are amazing, by the way i like your blog 

I understand that SER will use the url on the expected field first, but how i can tell ser to post the url on the expected field and also as a contextual link using one of my anchors , OR skipping the expected url field and only posting the contextual link where it finds one of my anchors.

Well it should do that already. First it tries to locate your anchor text in the comment/description first and places a link at the bottom only if it can not find it. If you think this is not the case, have a look on the posted thing if the anchor text appears in the link at the bottom and within the description. Only if thats the case, you found a bug.
  • yes that's happening... just checked some of the comments and guestbooks and there are at least 1 of the keywords i have in anchor field within the comment but ser posted at the bottom: Check out my web-site: Recommended Browsing
    or  Stop by my web page: (anchor text)

i will try a dummy project to paste the links here.
    yes please...and with the project backup maybe.
  • I did some test and see 1 comment posted with the contextual link within the comment, the others have url field but for the dummy project i writed the comment myself and used the keywords... 

mmm... my comments are in sentence level spintax format, and my keywords are on those sentence they are not static on the comment field, that could be the reason? SER cant use a keyword that is into a spintax as anchor,  even if that sentence was the one the spinner choose to post the comment?
    hmm I would need the project backup to see if it is resolved before inserting the link. Hard to know that without the exact project as I don't know how you use macros e.g.
  • Yes @sven i confirmed that, created another dummy project this time with spintax on the comment field and this time SER used: Look at my web site at the bottom.
    ok the version online now should fix it
  • @Sven For articles now we can add "Sentence in article". Can we have the same for guestbooks and comments? :D
    It does that by default.
  • If I have:

Image_Comment=%first_paragraph-article%
    Guestbook_Comment=%spinfolder-C:\Users\Administrator\Dropbox\Projects\##NAME##\Content% (full articles)

Would SER add a random sentence with my link+anchor? 
    You need to turn on the option to place a comment in description (project option).