Skip to content

Decent solution to manage multiple WP sites?

Hi everyone,

As the title says, I'm looking for a simple solution to manage multiple Wordpress sites/blogs from one dashboard.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Comments

• Infinitewp no doubt and i am using its clone wordpress installation add on also. Its works awesome to handle lots of sites.
  • Thanks for the input @JudderMan and @idreesfarooq, I'll check them out.

I also read somewhere about "WP Desktop (All in one)", have either of you got any experience with it?
  • Nope, sorry. 
  • mainwp is a good one http://mainwp.com/.
  • @d3ad - thanks for that, looks good, and I like the fact that it's an annual fee as opposed to monthly.
  • @2Take2 you need to be carefull:

* The Support and Update license requires renewal after one calendar year at a substantially discounted rate.

but i purchased it when it was called sicknetwork, now i have a lifetime update and support license.
    I still recommend it, because it has many functions even without addons and works very reliably.
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited January 2014
    @d3ad - Any idea what that rate might be?

I mean, "substantially discounted" from what? lol

Looks good though, but might have to contact their support just to see how much I might be likely to be into for year two though.

Cheers.

•  http://infinitewp.com/ for me . premium addons they have are reasonably priced and useful . Clone wp sites and comment removal tool for instance 
  • ronron SERLists.com
    I have an email out to one of my buddies who uses 'something' that he said was great. I'll hear back from him today, so let me get this info from him. I think it was one of the products mentioned above.
  • I too use InfiniteWP
  • ronron SERLists.com
    This is from a very good friend of mine. I happen to think he is one of the most brilliant people on Wordpress and technical matters that I have ever met. This is what he just wrote me:

The best tool I have used is Infinite WP

... it allows you to keep ALL your wp sites up to date // all plugins and themes and if you buy extensions you can run all backups from there too.

It was by far the BEST!!!! tool i have ever used for keeping wordpress sites together.

You can put them into groups and selectively install plugins directly from your computer or the wp repository directly into all your sites and activate automatically.

Super easy to use and install.

You just have to know how to create a MSQL data base and follow the instructions to hook it up via the install script.

I use it on localhost ( wamp installation ) at home ... the cron job for sending emails doesn't work at home so i just boot it once per day to scan all my sites and update... no brainer to use.

OH and it's FREE : ) 

So I guess he really likes InfiniteWP, lol.
  • I can confirm that IWP is solid and easy to use. It does all I need: access to all WP sites from one menu and bulk updates. You also can backup your sites and download the file. 

It's really easy to set up as they provide a plugin that you simply install on your site and copy an unique key into the IWP menu and you are done. 
  • mainwp can do all the things mentioned above and lot more. and its free for 5 sites. you can test it without risk
  • I use managewp , its free for 5 sites . Also you could try wordpress multisite .
  • +1 mainwp

Not sure if it's been mentioned but it has a content creation module that pulls content from about 10 or 12 sources and it also has a built in spinner so you can post spun content across the network.

• Thanks a lot guys, really appreciate all of your input.

Looks like it's a choice between infiniteWP, mainWP and manageWP, so will check them all out via their free trials and see which one I like best.

Thanks again
  • I just tried mainwp - I think it's by far the cheapest of all three. And it seems to work pretty good - except the Cloning has a bit of problems. But the price is crazy cheap but that's coz it's in beta.

2Take2, have you come to a decision? What are your comments on all three? Cheers!
  • Hi @jonathanjon - Sorry, haven't come to a decision yet as lately I've been a bit sidetracked with some other projects. I'll update the thread when I do though.

RE: Cloning sites - I use the WP Clone plugin, it's very easy to use, but you'll have to go in and do a 'find and replace' on the database and change a few other settings as well.

AFAIK, there's no way around that?
  • edited February 2014
    for cloning this one is good: duplicator
    it changes the database on its own and works realy great!
    :D
  • Very nice @d3ad - I'll definitely make sure to check it out, as the database edit is always a pain!

Cheers!