Skip to content

E-mail error?

I'm always using a target list before so I haven't encountered this problem before. But after the new update/when I enabled "search engine to use" (I'm not really sure of the cause), I often have this error on the left side of my project name (there's a red exclamation point beside my project name): "2014-01-12 00:56: E-Mail login error for Donnell-Cathey9015@mydomain.com".
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I got 5 errors (in different e-mail address) in 5 hours. I use my web hosting as my e-mail address.
When I click "test" and "blacklist check", it says there that it is working fine.
How can I resolve this one? Your views on this please? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Might have been some issue on your Internet connection on that time being as the error message seems to be empty (reply from pop3 server).
  • @Sven: So my e-mail address have no issues at all? It's not blocked or something? Only my internet connection has problems?
    Because sometimes, I'm seeing an error like "Failed to logged to POP3 server" so I'm not really sure if the problem in my e-mail or in my internet connection itself.
    Please verify this. Thanks in advance!
    How can I verify this? If login to that email is always failed than you should worry, else not.
  • I have same problem With Error in login I checked all accounts all are good,Dont have Firewall or something what Can stop gsa to login into email.
  • I got this weird error a lot now

+OK mailbox updated, POP3 server signing off
    what the heck
    the server disconnects after that message. I don't know why, maybe the ssl libs are not up to date?
  • DzilRelDzilRel ____'s Backyard
    I also get that error very often since the last update. I have a bussiness connection, of 100 mbps up/down. I have checked the emails but they work and they are not banned.
  • Im also having the same problem. 
  • edited January 2014
    +1 same messages, not a problem but...
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    All that is is a pop3 server error message, nothing to worry about. It happens sometimes. Just open your project, test all your emails, if they work, simply clear the message and see if it happens again.
  • I am having the same problem since i updated to version 7.4, prior to that GSA has been running like a dream.

Since updating now it keeps coming up with email errors and also wont run at the 150 threads i had it set at, it is set to 150 and only runs between 2 and 5 threads.

Downgraded to the previous version but it freezes straight away and comes up with "not responding"

Very frustrating, anybody have any ideas.

• Me too I'm having a lot of red alerts for emails, but simply ignoring all GSA is working great like before (or even better) :-)
  • I also have that issue since one of last updates - it's more annoying as it comes with those important imformation red trialnge - and additionally marking connection timed out
  • any news on this? 

Stop Project > test all emails > test all for blacklisted > close > open > run for few more days > same error messages come up

since you probably check the emails too fast in a row. Im not sure if thats really an issue but for hotmail I can see it is giving you this problems if you check a lot of different emails.
  • so what is exactly your recommending? Check emails slower? They will then come back bad, which will indicate the problem I take it
    yea maybe use the option to delay checking on 5minutes.
  • wheres that option?
    email verification -> Time to wait between two logins
  • thanks sven, hopefully this solves the minor issue