Skip to content

Threads?!

I was reading some threads or posts here and I keep on asking my self, what threads are they talking about?? I'm a total newbie in GSA so I do really need some support! :) Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    You mean threads in GSA SER? That refers to the number of threads in options - submission.

Each thread is like a single connection to the internet, so 200 threads = 200 connections.

Does that help?
  • I would like to ask how threads can help me rank my yt videos?? and does threads means the number of links I run on SER??
    Threads is the number of connections SER will make to the internet. The more threads, the more links you can build at the same time.

Maybe best you start with the FAQs: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/155/inofficial-gsa-search-engine-ranker-faq/p1
  • so for a VPS with 8core, 8gb ram and 1,000mbps uplink port speed, how many threads can it do??
    Depends on how many projects you will be running, with scheduler or not with scheduler, how many proxies you have and some other things.

Maybe 500 will be ok, if you have just a few projects then maybe even more. You need to test for yourself.

• I have 50 Private Proxies. Can I also ask how many projects can I run with that vps specs?
    Several hundred projects, no problem. But if you use SER for scraping then 500 threads will probably be too much for 50 proxies. Try 200, if you find the proxies are banned fast then you will need to lower threads.

• so you mean I can make hundreds of projects?? 1 link = 1 project right?? and what do you mean by scraping??
    @isagani - It's very hard to answer your questions because you are at the beginning and there is a massive gap in your knowledge. First i suggest you read the FAQs, learn how to use the software and then most of these things you will answer for yourself.

1 project can make 1000s of links. 1 project usually relates to one URL you wish to build links for - But 1 project can contain multiple URLs.

Scraping is searching for sites that you can post links to. SER needs to look online via the search engines to find sites you can post to. But you can also use Scrapebox or Gscraper for example to scrape and then import the sites into SER.
  • @gooner thanks for that sir. I can just use gsa ser right? Without using scrapebox or Gscraper?
  • Yes you can  just use SER. It's easier until you want bigger and better things from SER, then you can start using SB or GScraper. Practice on some throwaway domains or someone else's sites to learn the how, thw what, the who and the when of it all before letting loose on your own domains. (or create Blogspots under different email accounts)
  • @JudderMan: Thanks sir, I will definitely try it ;)