Skip to content

Using RSS feed with fixed anchors

edited December 2013 in Feature Requests
I'd like to link a rss feed but using fixed anchor(s) instead of [title]. Could you add such option?
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    one title for all rss entries?
  • edited December 2013
    no. if i understand correctly, SER uses [title] as anchor texts when the target is rss feed. I want it to ignore [title], and take random anchor from the project. why? because i want to build links for all posts on my blog but linking them with title only makes no sense for me.
    Ahh Ok thats what you mean. Well I can'T break the current way it works, maybe some extra macro in the future here.
  • A checkbox "ignore title" would be enough for now. (I imagine this would be easy because if a url has no anchor, it already takes a random anchor from project). Please tell me - how long would it take? If longer than 2 weeks, I need to make my own RSS converter (take RSS, change title to anchor text, serve RSS).
    If you have access to that page, you can as well create a script that just prints out one URL per line. Might be even better.
  • edited December 2013
    OK, and how do I use this list of urls in SER (I need them to be updated since new posts are created daily)?
    edited December 2013

just use the same macro but insert the url producing the URL list

#file[http://someurl.com/print_my_urls.php]

• works like a charm. thanks.