Skip to content

email error - max connections/ip issue

googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
edited December 2013 in Need Help

I am guessing this is something I need to fix on my host/email side of things vs something in gsa? It is a catchall acct of one of my domains, will they lift these limits if I contact them? (hostgator). Is this from having the catchall in too many projects and all of them checking for verification emails so often it is getting blocked?

and a related question...if an active project has verification emails it needs to click in order to finish registration and posting on a site, will it pause things until it can check back and get to those emails or are those sites/links lost or how does that work?

thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• will they lift these limits if I contact them? (hostgator)----nope-surprised they haven't stopped your catchall(s) already

on your email tab of the project Delete message when verification links is found needs to be checked
    Delete message if older than (dropdown box) days needs to be checked
    pick a suitable value for the dropdown box

if you want to use your hosting as a catchall as a long term viable solution then you need to change hosting-hostgator will stop the catchalls

• googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    edited December 2013
    thanks

those two boxes are already checked and its set to the default of 5 days

what hosting is suitable for this? what is hg's issue with this, its not sending email spam, just checking the acct so its not sucking up resources is it?

also, how does this affect link building/registration/posting?