Skip to content

question about whosis

I am new To GSA Search Ranker. I see that some of my  tier 2 links belong to a  a few Whosis sites?  why? Does that come from GSA indexer?

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com
    Yes, that is correct. 
  • Ok so I am running my tier 3 links today I believe you are saying some of my tier 3 links are linking to whosis sites which are linked to my 2nd tier? is that correct? I am coming over from SEnuke perspective. Do i want my tier 3 links linking to these type sites?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    No, you don't want that. I started a thread on this here: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/2930/ser-tiers/p1

Regardless of SENuke, SER, or doing it by hand, you really want to do it the same way. T1, T2 and T3 are all contextual platforms and engines (articles, wikis, social network, web 2.0). They go in a straight line down.

Then the junk engines are separated into T1A, T2A, T3A. These only blast at the T1, T2, T3 (visually, I like to think of the junk tiers coming at the vertical contextual tiers from the side). That way, you never build a tier under crap links, which is a complete waste of your time (and linkjuice).
  •   very Nice diagram.. ButI I did not choose these whosis site to link to.. however whenI  check the 3rd tier and 2nd tier links. i see that some them linked to these type sites? how did this happen  and how do i prevent it from happening again?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    They have to be coming from either the index platform in SER or the GSA Indexer.
  • yup.. I do remember leaving the indexed platform checked. hmm ok i wont do that again.. Hey! while you are here.. public or private proxies for GSA?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Public sucks. Don't waste your time. Always private (all you need is semi-private - that's what most of us have).