Skip to content

Problem to rank Swedish site with Swedish anchors,

Hey

so I decided to give it a go and try to hit a swedish site with anchors that has the special characters åäö and I the only links I can get verified are for url shorteners.

I also tried to run several article platforms and microblogs but they wont get verified..

Is it so that SER can't handle those characters for some reason.

-M

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    There should be no problem with such characters. Let us know some of your logs or even check manually on your submitted article links.
  • grax1grax1 Professional SEO, UK | White Label SEO Provider
    I just can say from my experience that I don't have any problems with french characters on contextual platforms with SER
  • edited November 2013
    Hey

excuse my stupidity but where do I pull logs of the project?

I have been running this setup about 30 times now and it always works great, both quick and ranks like mad.

but for some reason so can I not make it it run with the swedish site.. does the url have to be in unicode? or can I run it with special characters?

right click on the log window->copy all + paste it on pastebin.com and show us the URL.

But maybe the problem is more simple...do the special chars exists in your URLs?

• Yes they do, so do I need to have the unicode url in there instead?

-M

• Ok problem solved had o use the puny/uni code url not the one with the special characters
    Yep thats a problem indeed. You have to use a proper URL format here not the one that browsers show you.