Skip to content

Does Anyone Use The "At least 1 keyword must be present" Option

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited September 2012 in Need Help
I see this option and wonder what is a best practice for this? Should it only be used on the moneysite? 

1) Is anybody using this option? 
2) How are you using it?
3) How many keywords do you require to be present?

Tagged:

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited September 2012
    I think it might be worth using if you're looking for backlinks that are relevant to your website. Probably something good to leave on when getting blog comments, trackbacks, etc.

It might not be as useful for other platforms. I'm not sure how many web 2.0's, social network sites, etc would actually have 2 or 3 of your keywords on the same page.

I'll probably be doing some more testing with it soon. It's definitely a cool feature.

I've tried it out with the filter for 2-3 keywords words present.

I'd like to hear some feedback on anyone that uses this frequently.
  • edited September 2012
    Well I use this a lot because I find that it avoids posting out of context things that really look spammy.
    Especially when your links will be to money site or to closely related pages (like bookmarks, directories or articles where there is only  a link to your money site) I think that you shouldn't get really out of context. This will avoid moderators/webmasters looking you up easily.
    Obviously the more filters you have, the less number of links you'll get.
    You have to be careful using it on platforms where it makes sense, maybe mostly blog comments though.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Interesting discussion on this! Good point @S4nt0s about the platforms that will get rejected if this is enabled. 

Would I be correct in saying this should only be applied to the following platforms:
    1) Blog
    2) Trackback
    3) Guestbook
    4) Image
    5) Video

Will any other platforms have the keyword on it?
  • I would put forums there too...they usually have a topic.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    But you get a user profile link, so I don't think forums will have your keyword on the user profile page?
  • Yes, I thought of that too...but I think that it depends on how the engine of the specific forum platform works.
    Let's take the phpBB platform and look inside the engine file phpBB.ini.
    You can see that the searches it will do will be:
    search term=inurl:profile.php?mode=register "Powered by phpBB"|"Powered by phpBB"|Memberlist Usergroups "Log in to check your private messages"|"Login and Registration Issues" "User Preferences and settings" "Formatting and Topic Types"|"modified by Przemo"|"Style created by PiotreQ9"

So it could be searching for just "Powered by phpBB" or for inurl:profile.php?mode=register "Powered by phpBB".
    The first search will return any page on a phpBB forum and there it would make sense to look for one of your keywords, then if positive, move to registration page and so on. On the second search, you would land directly on the registration page where it wouldn't make much sense to look for your keyword ...

So in effects I'm not sure on what would be best...
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    So if this feature is enabled, I would expect to reject any platforms that you have selected EXCEPT for:
    1) Blog
    2) Trackback
    3) Guestbook
    4) Image
    5) Video
    6) Possibly some Forums

If you have articles or directories selected in the project and you enable the keyword feature, it will find platforms, but get rejected as it won't find the keywords as it's a new page that is created. 

• Alex says:  "If you have articles or directories selected in the project and you enable the keyword feature, it will find platforms, but get rejected as it won't find the keywords as it's a new page that is created."

@Sven .... Does it really work like this?  

Or ... will SER also on e.g. "article engines" 1) do the normal search queries, 2) search for the keywords on the result page and   3) look for the register page, create account and post on that platform if keywords were found in the search result before. 
    Is it that if the footprints of the search query were NOT looking directly for the register/login page, the "At least..keywords" feature also works fine for engines like article/wiki/... ?