Skip to content

upgraded SER to a server 3 days ago - running it at 800 threads since then, but now 0-50 threads

edited October 2013 in Need Help
Been running GSA SER for 6 months now and love it! But since I have transferred everything over to a hybrid server and running GSA at 800 threads for 3 days, the threads have virtually stopped, more or less. 

5 projects
- refreshed keywords for all
- refreshed private proxies
- refreshed content

but no change...

Running windows server 2008
20gb ram
100-250mb internet
6 core

ran beautifully for 3 days

Im quite lost at what to change. Before I used the server I use to run GSA at 100 threads constantly on my home pc with a slow 5 mb internet connection for months.

Could it be that I have just ran out of websites to link to? If so is their anything I can do?

Is there any other information I can give to you guys to try find the problem, let me know

Comments

• I'm in the same boat

Maybe the proxies are getting stuck @ the captcha? (google)
  • I have no idea. I know there have been couple of updates last few days on SER, which might have something to do with it, but that could be just a coincidence.

I'm hoping someone from GSA can spread some light on the situation, as I'm stuck in what to do.
  • I'd like to point out that ONE of the projects is working. Tier 2 and 3.

But this makes no sense. All projects have had new proxies, new content, new keywords. All the settings are the same. Just 5 green highlighted projects above are dead!

• Right for ONE of the projects I just deleted the "target URL history."

Guess what no change what so ever, dead in the water. Searching but not submitting.

What the hell is going on here, Is this some bug???
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    What are you seeing in the log?

• "possible new target urls from ""

but nothing..
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @caveman I had one customer with the same issue but was unable to reproduce it. Can you send me the project backup? 
  • ofcourse I email it over
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Try to restart the server, that helps from time to time.

Then create a new campaign, if the new campaign is using all of your threads it's likely your current campaigns don't have enough proxies to continue finding targets and/or the time between searches is limiting them.
  • I have used brand new proxies though... 60 private proxies, but does not help.

When you say time between searches is limiting them, what do you mean? how do I change this? Im only using private proxies
    @caveman disable the "Use URLs linking on same verified URL (supported by some engines only)" and see if that helps. 
  • it already is disabled
    But your screenshot shows it's not, maybe you changed after posting that?
  • Im a bit confused.... all the projects are disabled and always have been, so where are you seeing exactly that the specific option is enabled? That screen shot ^ does not show "options" which is where the "Use URLs linking on same verified URL (supported by some engines only)" is
  • I sent you the project via email, perhaps it was to big

nothing arrived here sorry.

I mean the log entry "XYZ possible new Target URLs from ZXY" .. that shows you got that option enabled.

• UPDATE:

managed to sort it. Sven - some of the projects had that option enabled so disabled that, but this did not improve the problem. In the end I changed the following settings and its running on full throttle again:

enabled

continuously try to post to a site even if failed before
    For TAG use: Ancore texts
    Analyse and post to competitors backlinks
    collect keywords form target sites

disabled

verified links must have exact URL
    use collected keywords to find new target sites

> not too sure what was the exact problem or if it was a joint problem... but all running well now.

Thanks Sven for your support, much appreciated 

:)>-
  • oh I also selected in option the following:

enabled

search engines and private
    custom time to wait... 60 seconds
    submission private
    verification private
    stop project on no active...
    restart projects on...

disabled
    PR checking
  • This is exactly what happened with me. T: 0-10, CPU: 0-1%
  • change your settings to the above and refresh your content, then see what happens within 48 hours