Skip to content

Moving GSA

I currently have GSA running on a desktop, and I am moving it to a VPS. The server is already configured. Can someone give me a step by step on how to move data/files over?

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    Backup projects and options from desktop, copy files onto VPS.
    Install SER on VPS and restore above 2 files.

To be sure you get everything you can also copy SER files from "program files" and "appdata/roaming" and replace those on your VPS.

Not sure if last step is necessary but i always do it anyway.
  • How do you do the restore?
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited October 2013
    All the data for your old projects is in the .dat files that @gooner said. Did you make sure to replace them?

When I did this I panicked as it didn't fully restore and there was another location too. I think I got confused between Program Files and Program Files (x86) though, if that helps... Or some other similar foldername... Maybe appdata and application data? Can't recall.
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited October 2013
    As @gooner says, in the options menu in SER you will find the option to back up in the bottom left corner (above the option to restore), if you click on this it will create a zip file that you can restore from later.

Don't bother unzipping it, as SER restores straight from the zip file.

Also, highlight all the projects that you want to backup in the main GUI, right click, and select the option to back up. This will create another file.

Load SER onto your VPS along with the 2 previously mentioned files, and follow the above 2 steps, but in reverse, sort of.

If I remember rightly that should restore everything, but before deleting it from your PC check that you haven't lost any of your site list data etc.