Skip to content

Out of memory errors

Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
For the last couple few days, I have been getting the out of memory error messages when checking SER on my VPS.

I'm running 20 projects with the schedule. Run 5 at a time and switch every hour.

From the testing I have done @Sven over the last few day's, I think I pinpointed the problem to do with the article manager. The projects that start running when this error happens, have 5 articles added to them.

Hope this information helps.

Comments

• Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    Just ran another test after today's update with the 2 projects paused that have the multiple articles, and as soon as I started SER, the memory jumped to 1G.
  • Delete duplicate urls in options
  • Try to not use posting to competotrs and keyword scraping . Also look at your keyword list . I use 400k in one file . Before lot more in spin file folder . Switch of re verification . Worked for me
    1) Already done

2) I have my own lists imported. Have not scraped with SER in a long time. was burning through proxies to fast.

Will try switching off the re-verification and do that manually.
    I'm still getting this "Using to much memory" message and SER goes up to 2gig memory use. Just can't figure out what the problem is.

None of my projects have changed and I don't run more at one time than I used to.

I think the problem started soon after the article manager was added, but not to sure what update caused this.
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    I'm getting this too, SER using 2gb and saying out of memory on a 32gb dedi, that can't be right surely?
    The memory usage is correct, I even confirmed this in my performance monitor on my VPS. The real question is, Why is SER or What in SER is using so much memory?

Memory leak, something not releasing memory back to the system?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @Trevor_Bandura all I can offer is debugging on your setup. So send me the project/setting backup and I have a look what causes so much memory usage.
    edited October 2013
    @Sven I just got back from work, logged into my VPS and had that error.

I was running my main 5 projects. No Search Engines selected, running only off site lists.

From what I can make out of this, this memory error is happening only when a project runs out of targets to submit to, or reaches it's number of verified's per day I have set for it then goes into pause mode.. The five projects I was running, I never had any problems with them before, and they always ran great.

This is what I can figure out so far.

Hope this helps. I'f you want me to PM you the login details for my VPS, just let me know in the PM I sent you. It might be better to debug it on my system maybe.
    was it with the latest version 6.90  or the previous one?
    @Sven, I updated SER last night, ran the same projects again and this morning did not have the out of memory error.

Maybe the last update fixed it.

Will see what happens when I get home from work today how SER has behaved all day. Will let you know.
    Yes, I made some changed in it that should use less memory. Hope it really was that part.
    @Sven Yes it seemed to have fixed it.

Going to run all my projects with the scheduler and see if I still get the same problem.
    perfect. Thanks for the feedback.