Skip to content

how to avoid Anchor texts along with naked URLs shwoing up in the articles?

Hi,

In most of my backlinks created through GSA SER I am getting "anchor texts" along with the URL in articles. Ho can I avoid such things? I don't want to have any URL displayed in my articles. I only want anchor texts as contextual. Examples of "anchor texts" and URLs next to anchor texts given below:

Tagged:

Comments

• see in your folder
    Engines
    a file named "auto_anchor-article"
    there is defined/configured what you have
    change it to your needs = remove URL and leave but anchor for example
    and all future SER upgrades you have a small POP-UP asking if xyz file needs to be overwritten or NOT

to keep your own version = answer NO
  • Hi hans51,

thanks for your reply. I am still not getting. By "see in your folder" do you mean the location of GSA SER installed files i.e folder named "AppData/Roaming//GSA Search engine ranker". If yes, then I do not have any folder named "Engines". Please let me know the exact path.

Thanks a lot.
  • MrXMrX Germany
    Its under program files/gsa ser
  • Thanks magicmastermind.
  • @thirteen13
    exactly
    C:\Program Files\GSA Search Engine Ranker\Engines
    :)
    enjoy

• I'm having the same problem. Every article is being posted with the anchor text link and a naked url link directly after it. I opened the .dat file named above but, I only see one instance of the macro to place the anchor text url.

Where is it pulling the naked url link from? @Sven?

• Go to location C:\Program Files\GSA Search Engine Ranker\Engines. In this folder you will have file named auto_anchor-article which you will have to edit as per your requirements.
  • @thirteen13 I did that, the file only has one macro to pull an anchor text and url for the link. There is no other macro in that file to pull another url for a link.

So, how does it pull the second link?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    In latest version I have removed the naked URL. Because I got rid of people asking how to change it. Now there is no naked URL anymore by default.
  • ahhh! Perfect @Sven! Thanks!
  • Hello,
    Can someone please explain me how to fix it, because I have the same problem. In my articles there is one of my preferred anchors with no link and exactly after the anchor a naked url. I want to remove the naked url and keep only the anchor. 
    Thanks in advance
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    In latest version I have removed the naked URL. Because I got rid of people asking how to change it. Now there is no naked URL anymore by default.