Skip to content

Removing the nice footprint that we leave surrounding the anchor text.

Hello for functionality reasons I use %anchor text% in articles but GSA seems to put some text before the anchor text on some engines: example : "– i implore you to pay a visit to LINK" and I would like to get rid of that because sometime I use content in other languages and most importantly that is a nice footprint for the search engines.

Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• Edit the auto_anchor.dat and auto_anchor-article.dat files in your Engines directory to customise this text.
  • MrXMrX Germany
    Make sure that you track your editing because from time to time SER overwrites these files on updates. You can make them read-only to avoid this.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    How do you make them read only? Rightclick > Properties?
  • I am only seeing my links at the bottom of the articles or web 2.0's... do I need to just paste in %anchor text% to get it to show up in the articles as "contextual links"?  

and how do I prevent it from putting in too many anchor links to my one URL??  are there any videos online that show how to create contextual links in GSA?

thanks,
    vipseo
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @magicmastermind - Great tip on the read only.  =D>
  • Time to fire up scrapebox, me thinks....  :))
  • "Edit the auto_anchor.dat and auto_anchor-article.dat files in your Engines directory to customise this text." How to do this? Where can I find these dat files?
  • Program Files/GSA Search Engine Ranker/Engines/
  • Thanks Cherub,

Your reply helped me.