Skip to content

Threads get extremely low when verifying only

Hi,

I run my campaigns with [Never Verify] option and verify the campaigns every couple of days. However, in the last version I noticed that when I change all the campaigns status to [Active Verify only] the threads become extremely low.. Out of 200 threads in the options I can see only 15-25 threads running and the log goes very slow.. All the campaigns priority that I run in the verification only mode are ++ and no other projects running with them. Could you please check it out or let me know if I'm doing something wrong!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    When exactly do the threads go down? Maybe when a new verified URL was found?
  • Since I have many campaigns getting verified in the same time and usually get over 10k of verified links, I don't know when exactly the threads go down. However, I noticed they go down in the first round of verification but in the next rounds they jump to the full number of threads that I specified in the options.
    Than it's because of the thread data getting added to the files and google PR resolve on a verified URL.
  • Then mostly it's the PR checking since I don't use proxies in verification and with the large amount of verification threads running in a short period, I believe the VPS IP got banned by Google.. I'll try verifying using proxies and report back with the result
  • edited October 2013
    Confirmed.. That was the cause.. Problem resolved after choosing proxies for verification.. Thank you :)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - how does it check a verified url? Does it use Google? Do we need to use proxies for verification or does GSA SER just visit URL, scrape page and check for valid link?
    @AlexR of course it just visits the page and checks for the link. Google is just used for PR checking in case verification was successful.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Sven thanks, I though so. I have it disabled so I don't use my proxies for verification, but couldn't understand why mdmostfa said it solved his problem by using proxies for verification. Just doesn't make sense.  
  • @AlexR Google Pagerank toolbar blocks your IP if you made a lot of PR check requests in a small time. So my IP was getting blocked by Google for checking the PR for many domains very fast in seconds during the verification process.. Pretty much like when your IP gets blocked by Google for making many search queries in a very short time.

And since I run my campaigns with [Never Verify] option and verify the campaign links every couple of days, there were 200 threads running verifying more than 300k of links and requesting PR check for each verified domain very fast, leading to my IP getting banned by Google. That's why I had to use proxies for verification.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - What happens if it finds the link but can't get PR because proxy is blocked? Does it get rejected?

@mdmostfa - will need to check this out as I don't use a proxy for verifying. 
    It is adding "Unknown PR" to it only.