Skip to content

Out of Memory Issue

When taking a settings backup I get a Out of Memory message ...

Ok you may say that it is a threads issue or too many projects as the error states but there are no projects setup on this install and there are only 50 threads. It is sat on a Xeon 3.6 Ghz 64GB Dedicated Server so I can't see there being any system issues. Why do I get this message - what is exactly being backed up in the settings that would cause memory issues?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    That might be your proxys (public once). Maybe the file grow too much.
  • No proxies setup at all - this install was never used just configured - all that is there are the sitelists in the options. No projects, minimal threads, no proxies ... Any other ideas - does the backup try to save Global Site Lists?
  • ronron SERLists.com

RAM? Are you running anything else on that server?

It takes me about 2 minutes to backup a file size around 1/2 GB. And do not click anything while that is happening or you will get a Not Responding message.

• Nothing is running on the server at all ... Not Responding message is shown in Task Manager - Then a few minutes later the Out of Memory message from GSA and that it stops and returns to program.

CPU doesn't go over 10% and memory not over 4GB out of 64GB (32bit max probably)

Will try to do screen capture ...
  • edited September 2013
    Ok, Screen capture here:

OK all I see in log is the download of filter lists. You have added at least one custom one here. Maybe the one in the list after that xblack.txt one is too big? Can you maybe send me the URLs in pm?
  • Hi Sven,

xblack.txt is 165Kb
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23686314/xblack.txt

What exactly is backed up when the settings are saved? What about Site Lists - these are large especially the identified ones - could this cause the error?
    Site lists are no problem. Since no project is running, I guess it's some issue on your filters or alike. Can you make a backup of settings?
  • I can't backup the settings as each time I try I get the Out of Memory
    How many proxies do you have in the proxy list?
  • 30 private proxies