Skip to content

new macro %random_article%

Do we specify a folder for %random_article% to pull from?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    No, that macro does a online search using the projects keyword or anchor text to find relevant articles.
  • Wow thats pretty awesome!

Is there a way to customize this more?  Like say pull first paragraphs from several news articles on latest news for a KW... almost like automated curating.  Ive noticed in the past with curating news on trending topics my articles indexed very fast.

Would it be possible to add a feature where you could load up feeds to curate content from? Like all the news sites, press release sites etc...or your own custom feeders.

Awesome addition.
    Well %random_article% is not really new. That macro existed since ages. But whats new in latest version is %random_articlemix<level>% (check change log). That one is mixing many articles into one.
  • You Rock Sven. 
  • So how do we use the url,video,image macros with this one - I mean how to insert for example <a href="%url%">%anchor_text%</a> ?

Anyway this looks promising 
  • Is there a way to set it to only pull articles for Keywords and not anchor text?
    Just put %random_article% or %random_articlemix1% into the article field. URL images and videos get inserted by settings below that input field.
  • Ok,got it.thanks
  • in test it won't show the %random_articlemix1% as plain text ?

i tried i and if it chooses %random_articlemix1% i only see the macro name

{%spinfolder-X:\GSA_SER_FILES\articles\xxx\body%|%random_articlemix1%}
  • does it get articles only from specific sites, editable site list or just search? (for getting articles in other languages)

@KayKay, yes that macro is not shown in the TEST as it requires some more data to proceed.

@ChilliSEO have a look into content_search.dat. That file holds the sites it gets data from.

• Option to spin the random article?
    is that a question? But yes, thats coming soon as well.
  • Sven, 

I modified content_search.dat and deleted all article sites, then added another custom one.

After that, I replaced the file and restarted GSA. Before opening GSA, I deleted all random content from my projects folder.

Now, I see that content is still pulled from somewhere else and not from the article site I configured (since articles are random text in english and I'm doing a campaign in another language). 

I'm missing something?

I'm using %random_articlemix2% for article content.

Thanks!

make sure you also delete the *.rnd_content files in your project folder. Else the cache is used as well.
  • I did that. Just in case I've did something wrong, I'm trying all over again with a new project. Will report as soon as I get an article link.

Thanks.
  • what does the <level> variable refer to in %random_articlemix<level>%
    I notice above it is replaced by a number, but what is it referring to?
  • Thats the level of spin I believe.  More readable to less readable, but more unique.
  • edited September 2013
    {%spinfolder-X:\GSA_SER_FILES\articles\xxx\body%|%random_articlemix1%}
    @kaykay, Does this actually work?
    @momba12, have you tried the above?

• Also, where is the documentation on all the available commands?
    @GSA_snake yes that should work. The documentation is here: http://docu.gsa-online.de/search_engine_ranker/macro_guide
  • Hi. I tried to get this working on German article directories. But i dont understand how to add the variables in the content_search exactly...

What does the "content_back" mean for example. Is there some Documentation on this, or even better has someone an example on how to add one? (Perhabs someone allready made this for themselfs?) :)

Thx in advance

front searches for items *before the wanted string, *back for after it. If front failed it is not used. Have a look into scripting manual for details: http://docu.gsa-online.de/search_engine_ranker/script_manual
  • Is it possible to do a "spinfolder articlemix?" I already got a lot of articles from another source. At the moment, I'm just using the %spinfile% macro many times in the article field.

Will try to add a new macro here as it sounds useful.
  • DzilRelDzilRel ____'s Backyard
    Is there a way to use %spinfolder% and limit the number of words or chars? I want to insert a random title from a random file that resides in a folder full of files with spinned articles.
    Better said. I have a folder with let's say, 100 files, each file containing a spinned article, that on the first line has the title of the article ( spinned of course ). How do I make GSA insert in the Website Title field a random title from a random file from that folder? Spinfolder plus something? Thank you!
  • @dzilrel - i guess you will have to create seperate folder for all your article titles and than use macro you already specified.
    Yup, I already did something similar with what you said. Sadly I just saw the reply, thanks. Now all that I would like is to be able to do something similar with the emails. Although they do not get black listed, I would like to be able to change them once a month for all projects without having to open them one by one :/ Any ideeas?
  • Was the spinfolder article mix added in this latest update?