Skip to content

CB stop working after recent update

I got error that CB stop to work from time to time after recent update 

anyone else?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    and how does that look? And bugreport or crash?
  • I will post a screen shot if it happen again
    Hmm thats odd, shouldn't happen of course. Can you pm me your license details?
  • edited September 2013
    I have been getting this error a lot lately too(with 6.56 and 6.57), not sure if caused by SER or CB. Same "Captcha Breaker has stopped working" error. First time this is happening.

As a "fail safe" can you make SER stop processing list when CB stops working or no response. Because this happen overnight and I missed a lot of link opportunities.
    It's for sure an issue on CB. I hope to debug this some day next week but right now it never happend to me so I can't really solve it.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

sounds like the same thing that hit me

My fix that works well for me.

Download the shared Article Friendly Ultimate captcha from the shared ones, that was shared by me in my tracking down the cause.

There are others, but that was the main culprit from the captcha types I was targeting

Then expand all the captcha types and watch the ones giving high captcha times.

Untick any that give high times. You will see them, they show up in red 

Since doing the above, CB has ran well and not hung or crashed on me

• Thanks for suggestion @LeeG This is happening too frequently, hope to solve temporally with your fix.

I sent you screenshot @Sven If its any help.

Thanks
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

This can also help you trouble shoot whats causing the crashes / hangs.

I was in touch with Sven via pm and had to get Sven to explain how to run ser in debug mode

It should help you find the initial captchas causing ser to take an unplanned vacation

============

Oh by the way, can you run it with "-debug" as parameter to get the last captcha that crashed it (saved in same folder as executable with *.dat ending).

Either you do a "right click" on the exe and define the parameters in the dialog showing you the "settings dialog" or you open "cmd" and enter "GSA_CapBreak.exe -debug". You can also drag/drap the exe into cmd window and add -debug later.

• There is no *.dat files in my folder. Wish I could figure this out.

Currently running older version CB and will report if this happens again.

@Sven Is it possible to make "fail safe" that can make SER stop processing list when CB stops working or no response like I suggested above. During this CB crashing I have been missing a lot of link opportunities.
    No, I will fix the bug instead.
  • edited September 2013
    Has this been fixed? I am still having problems with CB crashing.

I am losing thousands of possible linking targets when this crashes overnight and SER keeps processing my list.

@Sven Please allow SER to stop processing list when no response from CB. I understand that you want to fix main issue causing this but this will help with any future crashes also.
  • Hi Sven  how to make SER stop when no response from CB
  • @andy1024 Its something I have suggested Sven to add to SER to stop processing list. As you may know SER continues to try to post to sites with no response from CB and you lose many linking opportunities because of no captcha solves.
  • Yea I seem to be having the same issue since last update. I'll have to fall back to last version I guess till its resolved.